Border Poll

So, once again Labour are playing to the lowest common denominator and clutching for votes at the expense of British people.

I understand the “why” from those who call for unification but I just don’t understand the “how” in how you separate the most British place in Britain from Britain ? 

WWW.BBC.COM

Shadow NI Secretary Peter Kyle says he would call an Irish unity referendum if conditions are met.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fire gets paid by house insurance mate, if you need them you claim, ambulance by medical and the bins by yourself…..it’s better, you only weigh in for what you use. Health care is means teste

"Taking a bloke's country away from him" f**k me mate  it was the Irish who had their country taken from them and given to Scottish and English protestants. Not only that but the English continued to

Thats true, the wages in belfast are just a wage, dublin is the new london with wages, but too many niggers about nowadays for my liking. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, WILF said:

So, once again Labour are playing to the lowest common denominator and clutching for votes at the expense of British people.

I understand the “why” from those who call for unification but I just don’t understand the “how” in how you separate the most British place in Britain from Britain ? 

WWW.BBC.COM

Shadow NI Secretary Peter Kyle says he would call an Irish unity referendum if conditions are met.

Its just the final nail in the once Great British coffin, its just labour going with who shouts the loudest again, sure they always vote for terrorists

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Its just the final nail in the once Great British coffin, its just labour going with who shouts the loudest again, sure they always vote for terrorists

I just don’t see the “how” mate, there would be a war.

Can you see the likes of Newtownards swallowing that ?…..never happening mate.

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Their too high on cocaine and other hard drugs these days to care ffs, whole place is full of drugs over here, damn shame too

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Their too high on cocaine and other hard drugs these days to care ffs, whole place is full of drugs over here, damn shame too

Same story everywhere mate, still can’t see them having it.

12 minutes ago, WILF said:

Same story everywhere mate, still can’t see them having it.

Hopefully not, trust me the bitterness will be put aside from the nationalist community and anybody claiming benefits as the ROI isnt what up here is or has, all the freebies will be gone, and the lazy claimants will have to go get a job, nahhhh they will vote with their pockets

If there was a border poll, a good number of middle class catholics would vote no. They would look at the south and see a country controled by brussels.  A country that owes € 240 billion . A country that takes in people from all over the world and houses them , while there is 10 thousand irish people homeless . A country where all the main political parties are woke and left of center or far left, etc, etc.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, paul sr said:

If there was a border poll, a good number of middle class catholics would vote no. They would look at the south and see a country controled by brussels.  A country that owes € 240 billion . A country that takes in people from all over the world and houses them , while there is 10 thousand irish people homeless . A country where all the main political parties are woke and left of center or far left, etc, etc.

They would also see a country where nothing works and everything is a pain in the arse.

Don’t  get me wrong, it’s a lovely place to live but it’s decades behind the north in terms of basic infrastructure like roads and internet and facilities for leisure, schools.

The people are also very, very different imho.

Im sure someone will react before thinking about my comment there but I’m just trying to speak honestly about it. 
Northern Ireland would not just fit seamlessly into the Republic…..it’s oil and water in my experience 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, WILF said:

ARDS ?? half of it is filled with foreigners now .. 

1 hour ago, Chid said:

ARDS ?? half of it is filled with foreigners now .. 

Mate, the whole of Britain is filled with foreigners as you know.

Im sure we can delve down into the bones of stuff but broadly speaking could you see those staunchly loyalist areas swallowing being taken out of the United Kingdom ?

You live there, I know the areas pretty well because I’ve been going there for 25 years and my wife is born and bred there.

What do you reckon ?

Edited by WILF
1 hour ago, WILF said:

They would also see a country where nothing works and everything is a pain in the arse.

Don’t  get me wrong, it’s a lovely place to live but it’s decades behind the north in terms of basic infrastructure like roads and internet and facilities for leisure.

The people are also very, very different imho.

Im sure someone will react before thinking about my comment there but I’m just trying to speak honestly about it. 
Northern Ireland would not just fit seamlessly into the Republic…..it’s oil and water in my experience 

If every government department was as efficient as revenue , it would be a great country. I don't think there is much difference between working class people in these islands .they like the same sports, hobbies music , etc. They have the same struggles and issues to deal with .

22 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate, the whole of Britain is filled with foreigners as you know.

Im sure we can delve down into the bones of stuff but broadly speaking could you see those staunchly loyalist areas swallowing being taken out of the United Kingdom ?

You live there, I know the areas pretty well because I’ve been going there for 25 years and my wife is born and bred there.

What do you reckon ?

Tbh I don't know what would happen . 

I can see the change in people , and I mean people whos family have been staunch loyalists deciding to get Irish passports cause it saves on queuing at immigration.

There's probably only a minority now who will still stand up for their "Britishness"

• Like 1
1 minute ago, paul sr said:

If every government department was as efficient as revenue , it would be a great country. I don't think there is much difference between working class people in these islands .they like the same sports, hobbies music , etc. They have the same struggles and issues to deal with .

They do mate, I don’t have sufficient command of language to properly describe how I view the fundamental differences and I’d like to keep this a genuine discussion without someone getting over sensitive because I don’t know the right words ?

My experience is that they couldn’t be more different.