Quick question on nutrition

On 24/09/2022 at 20:30, Francie said:

Thanks lads I was thinking a wee sachet of diorlyte salts with water just?,I know I'm probably over thinking,but he's physical an fast an does a bit of mileage in the game.

Water, cordial, maybe a lucozade sport but I think water is fine at that age. My sons 14 and just been signed by a professional club 15 months ago. Make sure he always fuels his body, mine has always put that extra in durning games and training, it’s a f***ing nightmare now though him wanting all his special meals beofre and after training. Eats a lot of pasta and 5 weetabix with blueberry’s and raspberry’s a couple of hours before a game on a Sunday. Then will eat a banana on the way an hour beofre kick off. He also drinks a lot of water through the day. I’d say he drinks atkest 3 litres a day. 

• Like 1
On 24/09/2022 at 20:30, Francie said:

Thanks lads I was thinking a wee sachet of diorlyte salts with water just?,I know I'm probably over thinking,but he's physical an fast an does a bit of mileage in the game.

Get him some SIS hydro tablets, hydration tablets for physical exercises. They help replace all the lost electrolytes and salts that is lost through sweating.  Drink upto 30 mins before and even half time.  

You just dissolve them into 750ml of water and no sugar 

That should keep him topped up.