NYC clip ‘40’s

Came across this wee clip taken from a motor on the streets of New York, comments suggest its circa June ‘45, so a few weeks after VE day, and a few before Hiroshima and Nagasaki were flattened. Anyway, I found it interesting. Wouldn’t mind one or any of those old cars now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2nd car to overtake looks like  a Packard 120 coupe . I know someone who imported one about  10 yrs ago..they are massive ,you could genuinely fit 8 grown men wrapped up in carpet in the boot...stand a pound coin on top of the engine...and it would stay there,smooth as you like ,got to give it to the yanks some proper engineering,??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

2nd car to overtake looks like  a Packard 120 coupe . I know someone who imported one about  10 yrs ago..they are massive ,you could genuinely fit 8 grown men wrapped up in carpet in the boot...stand a pound coin on top of the engine...and it would stay there,smooth as you like ,got to give it to the yanks some proper engineering,??

Those packards were a top car in their day, the only time i seen them was on tv, chasing classic cars