Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Earlier today, my track was absolutely Black with crows and rooks. Perfectly normal. I throw a ton of bird food down. Not bothered which birds come and eat it. I'm not one of these fukking idiots always complaining; " I put out food for the birds. But, the <insert half a dozen species here> come and eat it! How can I stop them?! "

Anyway, that aside ... So, there's a shit ton of black on the track, as well as the sparrows and finches. So what?

Little bit later, I decide to go up the track, on some errand. Wandering along when, from the corner of my eye, I glimpse a bird. Big ol' fukker. Just wheeling up behind the trees. I think, " That's No fukking crow!!! " (Buzzard? Didn't seem big enough and the jizz wasn't right. Hawk though. Presumably a female spar'?)

And then I noticed it ..... Nothing ! Not a crow in sight! Not on the track. The land. The trees. Even the distance. Absolutely fukk all!

 

Now, here;'s the thing: Septics ~ most especially, it seems ~ often mention the idea of running Black chickens, of what ever sort's available, with their free range flocks. They say hawks think the black birds are crows. And hawks don't like crows. They fukk off and leave the chickens alone.

Well, from what I saw today? It seems like crows aren't too fukking taken with hawks either!

Anyone know shit about this, please? :hmm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Deshevilled  🤔

Dishevelled. I was described as that, in a medical report, one time 😐

So, anyway, thanks. But, that doesn't really tell us much about black chickens. And it's not seagulls liable to come after mine :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ken&#x27;s Deputy said:

Dishevelled. I was described as that, in a medical report, one time 😐

So, anyway, thanks. But, that doesn't really tell us much about black chickens. And it's not seagulls liable to come after mine :(

Were you on sixty woodbine daily?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ken&#x27;s Deputy said:

Roll ups.

If only you knew.

I'm sure you had a neckerchief like that when I seen you 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate on an estate,, just outside leads,(Harewood house stock maybe)has these kites,coming to his highline bird table.(says he has 3 or 4 coming for the chicken wings he puts out for em..here's  a picture he sent me..

IMG-20220809-WA0000.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ken&#x27;s Deputy said:

Earlier today, my track was absolutely Black with crows and rooks. Perfectly normal. I throw a ton of bird food down. Not bothered which birds come and eat it. I'm not one of these fukking idiots always complaining; " I put out food for the birds. But, the <insert half a dozen species here> come and eat it! How can I stop them?! "

Anyway, that aside ... So, there's a shit ton of black on the track, as well as the sparrows and finches. So what?

Little bit later, I decide to go up the track, on some errand. Wandering along when, from the corner of my eye, I glimpse a bird. Big ol' fukker. Just wheeling up behind the trees. I think, " That's No fukking crow!!! " (Buzzard? Didn't seem big enough and the jizz wasn't right. Hawk though. Presumably a female spar'?)

And then I noticed it ..... Nothing ! Not a crow in sight! Not on the track. The land. The trees. Even the distance. Absolutely fukk all!

 

Now, here;'s the thing: Septics ~ most especially, it seems ~ often mention the idea of running Black chickens, of what ever sort's available, with their free range flocks. They say hawks think the black birds are crows. And hawks don't like crows. They fukk off and leave the chickens alone.

Well, from what I saw today? It seems like crows aren't too fukking taken with hawks either!

Anyone know shit about this, please? :hmm:

Wave a big landing net (which are normally black) and coots will disperse  even at distance…..so, something in what you say maybe ?

Anyway, birds of prey, awesome !

One I found in the road last year 

E3AB1B6C-5745-4664-A317-C3089E83DCA5.jpeg.66d40ae488e65daf18ffb40928f7f19e.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Buzzard? ('Road Hawks')

Black net waving would seem to suggest waving nets bother coots, Wilf. Coots, being a bit of a shade themselves, shouldn't be bothered by black, should they? I'm sure you've seen the 'rafts', like massive oil slicks, they periodically form? Try a different hue of net?

Anyway, just had a " Durrr!!! " moment, fukk sake. Hit DDG.

It's all bollocks, sadly :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Wave a big landing net (which are normally black) and coots will disperse  even at distance…..so, something in what you say maybe ?

Anyway, birds of prey, awesome !

One I found in the road last year 

E3AB1B6C-5745-4664-A317-C3089E83DCA5.jpeg.66d40ae488e65daf18ffb40928f7f19e.jpeg

more chins than a chinese phone book

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, big sid said:

more chins than a chinese phone book

Oi, you nicked that off me ! Lol 

Bad angle, that’s all I can say ! Lol 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...