My mates malis

On 23/09/2022 at 18:33, Nicepix said:

In a crowd he would bite anywhere: face, arms, legs, knackers, anywhere.  I have a scar on my thigh from a football related incident at Rotherham where I copped for one from my own dog. The last thing you want in a crowd scenario is for the dog to lock on. 

Cheers for reply,interesting.....surely there must be some kind of standard " containment " as such though,no ?

I always wonder how many " baddies " end up turning in claims against over zealous dogs,if a proper injury occurs say.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After seeing these in the flesh,I'm fairly confident ,their the answer to dispersing your worries on your dogs being stolen,.....fuk me,their serious dogs,you might break in,buy by hell you will not g

had this bitch from 8 weeks.coming up 4years.me vermin dog..37 kgs..will bike her 30+miles some days.free running,whats a lead.. i bike morning and night with her every day.. Have occasional biking ni

Nice dogs but they need way more work and stimulation than an average dog man can give 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Cheers for reply,interesting.....surely there must be some kind of standard " containment " as such though,no ?

I always wonder how many " baddies " end up turning in claims against over zealous dogs,if a proper injury occurs say.

The dogs are trained to take down and hold a running person or one who isn't running but is showing aggressive behaviour. If a dog is sent at a runner and the runner then stops the dog will not bite, but keep a vocal watch on them whilever they remain stationary. Between the dog being sent on a chase and before reaching the target the dog can be recalled.

Each year the dog and handler are tested for safety and efficiency. They have to demonstrate that the 'stand off' and 'emergency stop' are in place otherwise they are taken off duty until they pass the tests. In between times there are  monthly training days so any new problems discovered can be ironed out quickly. 

It is a lot harder to maintain the safety and efficiency of police dogs over Schutzhund dogs because of the cifferent and sometimes complicated situations the police dogs encounter. A load of people pretending to be an angry crowd isn't anything like a real angry crowd for example. In Schutzhund nobody kicks the dogs for real and there are never any searches where there are no hidden persons or track to be found. 

These were my boys, Jet and Jaf

1372540527_JetPortrait.JPG.ba5327b943338ead93725aafc6323242.JPG

1559779976_JetonGrass.JPG.460e6f047efcac3d1c55f14d02cb781f.JPG

1521660707_JafandJet.JPG.a80cf14081043c9dd9f5d20a4240273c.JPG

There are loads of claims for dog bite injuries. I spent 5 days in County Court successfully defending a spurious claim. Sometimes we accepted blame and paid out of court.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 4

I just got a call,free Mali for anyone that wants it,new baby in the house ,dogs not reacting well around it,.. another numb skill of an owner....the dogs a serious guard also...shame when idiots take them as pets

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I just got a call,free Mali for anyone that wants it,new baby in the house ,dogs not reacting well around it,.. another numb skill of an owner....the dogs a serious guard also...shame when idiots take them as pets

If it will play ball the police, prisons or armed forces will buy it. 

• Like 1
On 22/09/2022 at 15:03, byron said:

the sadness is a lot end up in rescue..idiot owners..

Good luck..

On 22/09/2022 at 15:12, Ken's Deputy said:

:( See it coming a fukking mile off. Next flavour of chav bait coming up.

22 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I just got a call,free Mali for anyone that wants it,new baby in the house ...

:rolleyes: And so it begins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1