Quad in a double cab

Hi, getting a new hilux next week, need to be able to fit my king quad 500 in the back and tow a horse box, had anyone tried this or have any pics of a bike in the back of a truck? Was planning on a 100mm tow bar extension to make it easier to turn 

thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2022 at 21:06, Tomm156 said:

Hi, getting a new hilux next week, need to be able to fit my king quad 500 in the back and tow a horse box, had anyone tried this or have any pics of a bike in the back of a truck? Was planning on a 100mm tow bar extension to make it easier to turn 

thanks 

A 100mm towbar extension cannot be used for towing .. 

H have a Mk8 Hilux and a 500 Honda. The Honda is only an inch narrower the the opening to the bed so too tight. In the US they have a bed cover that they drive the quad up and on to the cover, need good ramps though and a bit of nerve.

• 3 weeks later...

Was only thinking today pickups have gone down the pan. When I worked in forestry years ago the old hilux and mazda pickups and even a subaru were proper jobs. Pickups now a days are like 20 grand plus and look like cars. You could get more in back of an estate. Not that I could afford one back then or now lol. I had an old sherpa van lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I found a system in US,  it takes quad up above the sides as you load. Perhaps something along these lines.  Be easy to make , ramps could be as longer or arched for height to fit. 

image.png

On 16/10/2022 at 20:30, terryd said:

Was only thinking today pickups have gone down the pan. When I worked in forestry years ago the old hilux and mazda pickups and even a subaru were proper jobs. Pickups now a days are like 20 grand plus and look like cars. You could get more in back of an estate. Not that I could afford one back then or now lol. I had an old sherpa van lol

started going downhill as working trucks when the tax laws were changed for company cars, 4 seaters that could still carry some payload attracted way less tax than company cars, manufacturors realised that the people in that market were willing to pay more for them so they built trucks more suitable as family cars.  There is still a market for basic workhorses but it`s very limited, shame we can`t import trucks from Africa, can still get the old type hi-lux pick up over there and limited runs of things like nissan patrol`s and toyota land cruisers are still built for the UN, bloody emissions regs stop them being sold here.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, dytkos said:

New Ford Ranger has a load bed that can take a Euro pallet, not sure whether a quad is wider?

Cheers, D.

Looks like a lot of plastic to brake on the bumpers etc too would not fancy driving one though a hedge etc 

4 hours ago, dytkos said:

New Ford Ranger has a load bed that can take a Euro pallet, not sure whether a quad is wider?

Cheers, D.

considering the outright size of the bloody thing taking a single euro pallet is no big deal!

• Haha 1