My Chickens Just Went To Bed!!!

:boogy: :yahoo: :yes:

I don't give a shit what You think. This is fukking Brilliant! :D We're finally getting our collective shit together!

First night, they all jukked on the concrete. Next night, I think one or two might have got the idea before the automatic door ~ which I, on a brain fart of astronomic proportions, had set to shut Hours too early ~ slid closed on them. I had to go out there and physically put them in.

Tonight though, door set to 20:30 (Still 30 mins late, I now see) I've sat and watched them! All fukking about a bit. In and out. Thought the cock bird was never going to make it. But, yeah! They all went in, of their own volition. Coop is now considered Home.

Excellent! :good::D

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, borderboy said:

Progress!

Guineas in the spring?

? This is the plan, mate :)

Someone in there had dropped two eggs, thus far. (Haven't checked yet, today) I've put them aside, as much out of curiosity / ignorance as anything. I haven't got a clue what I'm supposed to do with them. Incredibly, I hadn't even thought this far ahead! :icon_redface: No. All been a bit abstract / back of the mind, till now.

Birds lay eggs. Something, something, Broody Goldtop. Distracted mumbling. Buy in Guinea Fowl Eggs!!! Voila!

Now? Dunno. Might it not probably be better to let shit happen. Then get serious in the Spring? Can't see anyone having GF eggs in October anyway. Doesn't sound natural.

Christ, I've only had them days. Get through the winter first :good:

Got four Light Sussex. One Goldtop and a Silkie cock, mate.

Coop's just a four foot square box. I say 'Just' :rolleyes: Fukk Me!!! My head kicked off and building a box became an insurmountable challenge that would have left Jordan Peterson a gibbering wreck!

Cost me fukking Hundreds too! Ye may think that impossible? Welcome to My world! Ship lap and 2x probably came in at under two ton. Then, I went all Cheshire Housewife!

Figured a Nail Gun would make shit easier. Ton. ... Oh! It needs a " Compressor ", to make it work? Okay ... Ton plus. ... Mm. This bit's awkward, on my own. Pair of clamps. Ton! Fukk me! I was haemorrhaging cash  like my bank account had burst its carotid!

Nice though. Everyone who gets near it studies it. Making " Ooh! " and " Mmm " noises. Typical comments are shit like; " Nice job! Christ, I could sleep in there! "

Not huge, I'll grant ye. But, then; It's intended as a Night Box, for tiny little Goldtop bantams. Few weeks from now, plan is to have the lot fukking around on the track. Doing their chickenly things all day. As it is? They have an eight foot, rat and fox proof, cage around them. They're far from uncomfortable, in the scheme of things.

Get these GF on the ground (and in the trees!) chickens can pretty much do as they see fit. Dunno if I'd bother to breed many more. Might rather focus on 'variety'. I like the look of black laced wyandotte. Would never say no to another little OEG cock bantam, just to run about the place.

I just want Something to look at, out there. Scenery's nice, mate. But, it's fukking void of life! No eye attractant.

• Like 2

Here we go. Just had to show ye this. " Chicken TV "!!! :boogy:

Because of the way I sit, being right handed, I've got a permanent stiffness on the right side of my neck. Because I sit slightly sideways onto my desk, staring at the screen all day and night.

Then, I got the chickens. But, they're the other side of a fukking great hedge! I have to physically go out there and stand, at least beyond the shelter of my door way, just to See the fukking things!

Well, clever fukker me! Sorted That shit out! :yes: I cut a fukking Hole in the hedge! At just the exact right spot!

Now? It's like table tennis. I constantly look from my screen, out the window at my chickens. See what they're doing. Day long entertainment. And my neck's much better all ready, thanks! :laugh:

1124436925_ChickenTV.JPG.31b53ad249c01d1915ff437ba613fbd2.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

? This is the plan, mate :)

Someone in there had dropped two eggs, thus far. (Haven't checked yet, today) I've put them aside, as much out of curiosity / ignorance as anything. I haven't got a clue what I'm supposed to do with them. Incredibly, I hadn't even thought this far ahead! :icon_redface: No. All been a bit abstract / back of the mind, till now.

Birds lay eggs. Something, something, Broody Goldtop. Distracted mumbling. Buy in Guinea Fowl Eggs!!! Voila!

Now? Dunno. Might it not probably be better to let shit happen. Then get serious in the Spring? Can't see anyone having GF eggs in October anyway. Doesn't sound natural.

Christ, I've only had them days. Get through the winter first :good:

They make shit mums our hens use to hatch their eggs then when they got older they would join the Guinea fowl flock 

31 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Here we go. Just had to show ye this. " Chicken TV "!!! :boogy:

Because of the way I sit, being right handed, I've got a permanent stiffness on the right side of my neck. Because I sit slightly sideways onto my desk, staring at the screen all day and night.

Then, I got the chickens. But, they're the other side of a fukking great hedge! I have to physically go out there and stand, at least beyond the shelter of my door way, just to See the fukking things!

Well, clever fukker me! Sorted That shit out! :yes: I cut a fukking Hole in the hedge! At just the exact right spot!

Now? It's like table tennis. I constantly look from my screen, out the window at my chickens. See what they're doing. Day long entertainment. And my neck's much better all ready, thanks! :laugh:

1124436925_ChickenTV.JPG.31b53ad249c01d1915ff437ba613fbd2.JPG

f***ing crack me up sometimes mate... ingenious and bonkers all at the same time...

"I cut a hole in the f***ing hedge"...

??.... of course you did...lol

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, keepdiggin said:

They make shit mums our hens use to hatch their eggs then when they got older they would join the Guinea fowl flock 

:huh: Hang about ..... Ah! I take it you're referring to the GF? What, so the chickens did all the leg work. Then the GF would fukk off and join their own?

Well, actually ~ if that Is what ye saying? ~ Brucey fukking Bonus! :good: Hell, yeah! This all fits smoothly with my Master Plan, see?

I want the GF to behave like that. Idea is to have them fukk off and sleep in the trees. Not all try to cram into that tiny little box.

My whole point, in all of this, is to have GF about the place. Roosting in the trees at night. Ian Niall stuff. Only, every shred of what I've ever seen, or read, of GF indicates that ye let them go and that's it! Fukking Gone! Never to be seen again.

Seems rearing them where they're supposed to consider home is the 'only' way. Yadda, yadda: Goldtops! 8)

Hell of a fukking process. But, a pipe dream of mine, all my life.

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

f***ing crack me up sometimes mate... ingenious and bonkers all at the same time...

"I cut a hole in the f***ing hedge"...

??.... of course you did...lol

yeh just to look at f***ing chickens..

lol

• Haha 2

:laugh: Aah, fukk it, Tomo! It says I've used up my quota of " :laugh: "'s for the day! Little wonder; I'm in fukking Tears here! ?

Tell ye one thing though? Fascinating and engaging as I'm finding the feathery little fukkers; If I Ever start calling them " Girls "? Feel more than free to come round here and deliver unto me a biblically savage beating! Televise it too, for all I care! :D

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:huh: Hang about ..... Ah! I take it you're referring to the GF? What, so the chickens did all the leg work. Then the GF would fukk off and join their own?

Well, actually ~ if that Is what ye saying? ~ Brucey fukking Bonus! :good: Hell, yeah! This all fits smoothly with my Master Plan, see?

I want the GF to behave like that. Idea is to have them fukk off and sleep in the trees. Not all try to cram into that tiny little box.

My whole point, in all of this, is to have GF about the place. Roosting in the trees at night. Ian Niall stuff. Only, every shred of what I've ever seen, or read, of GF indicates that ye let them go and that's it! Fukking Gone! Never to be seen again.

Seems rearing them where they're supposed to consider home is the 'only' way. Yadda, yadda: Goldtops! 8)

Hell of a fukking process. But, a pipe dream of mine, all my life.

Bloody hell mate reading that just gave me a headache ?