Oh the irony?

5 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Seen worse scratches off a ferret! :rolleyes:

Want to do a proper job? Push a bow saw over ye knuckle as ye hold the branch ye trying to cut. I did that, fifty years ago. I've just gazed, 'fondly', at the fukking scar.

Looking back, it seems an almost Darwinian thing to do, doesn't it? Hold a branch in one hand, while attacking said branch with a viciously sharp tool held in the other.

Of course, on reflection? The obvious course would be to get some other fukking idiot to hold the branch, while you saw.

I got one of them :doh:,frosty morning and a bit of Elm. Blade just bounced across it and across the knuckles and can still see it happening 35 years ago like it just happened now. ..:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the outcome I'd imagine he was fcuking juggling with it... ??

Ahhh, that's what they look like ? my manicurist would have a breakdown if I turned up with thumbs like that ?

How the hell did you manage to get a dozen cuts before you realised ! ?? Cheers.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Yes! YES!!!  SOLIDARNOSC! :laugh: That's the fukking experience! :clapper:

My hands were so cold i didn't feel it when it happened and it happened in such slow motion i really watched it all as it happened  :laugh: .

Had to carry on sawing wood as well as i was out of logs for the burner..:doh:

• Like 1

Greyman you ever heard of a brilliant invention called protective gloves and I’m not just referring to the cuts I’ve just painted an asbestos roof with Thomson’s ten year guarantee rubbery type paint stuff and my roof looks like your hands ??

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

I done that a few times years ago while doing my apprenticeship. Lol. 

That happens now and a full accident investigation ensues. How did it happen? Why did it happen? What lessons have been learned? What have we put in place to prevent it happening again? Actually it would be an easy one for me... he was not wearing his Cut Level 3 gloves (now Cut Level C) as stipulated in our RAMS.

4 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

That happens now and a full accident investigation ensues. How did it happen? Why did it happen? What lessons have been learned? What have we put in place to prevent it happening again? Actually it would be an easy one for me... he was not wearing his Cut Level 3 gloves (now Cut Level C) as stipulated in our RAMS.

Plus he’s a 60 year old that shouldn’t be climbing trees with a saw in the woods alone but hey I,ll never learn, my last tree climbing fail ?

D7CE44BA-98EF-4E13-8C6F-FC0D06E2ECFD.jpeg

C4FAB892-D223-47F7-A65D-27F35142F7F9.jpeg

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Fukk Me!!! Saw that photo and just assumed it was some kunt from Norfolk ....! ?

Seriously though; How in hell did ye manage That, with a chain? What were ye doing with it?! :icon_eek:

From the outcome I'd imagine he was fcuking juggling with it... ??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

Our place is still old school, Fella put a 4" nail through his finger a couple of weeks ago and it was run under a cold tap and a sticky plaster, outside for a cigarette and straight back to work. Lol. 

• Like 1