Best night ever

My mates best result on the foxes is 3 in a night so I promised him I would better it.

So yesterday evening saw us travel to my ground and I was very hopeful as the farmer had seen a few Cubs about.?

1st stand had a cub coming in within a couple of minutes. No more showed so moved onto my favourite field, no calling necessary as a fox was already in the field , so No 2 in the bag.

3rd stand was a stubble surrounded by woods which revealed 7 roe and a fox , bit of lip squeaking and that was No 3. Put the caller out and played cub call and it wasnt long before we had No4.

Moved over the road to a grass field which already had a fox out so No 5 .Positioned ourselves looking into top corner of field looking onto a wood and set caller away , another fox showed up within minutes , No 6 ...by now we had doubled my mates PB and I wanted to try for double figures.

Next stand produced 2 foxes but unfortunately one of them did a death  run into thick rushes and we couldnt find it .

We then headed back to field we got number 2 in and called in another ?

Then onto the stubble again which produced a vixen which just happened to exit the wood when we arrived. 

Then finally over the road to the grass field again , the caller pulled in a fox straight away but had to wait ages for a shot to present as it was mingling with the sheep.

By now it was starting to break daylight , did an all nighter shooting 11 foxes with 10 picked ?

Found 5 different litters and still never covered all the ground so plenty more to get over next few months???

It was surreal as every stand and field produced , I think we saw 16 in total.

My mate couldn't believe it , smashing his record by far ?

IMG-20220919-WA0000.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

My mates best result on the foxes is 3 in a night so I promised him I would better it.

So yesterday evening saw us travel to my ground and I was very hopeful as the farmer had seen a few Cubs about.?

1st stand had a cub coming in within a couple of minutes. No more showed so moved onto my favourite field, no calling necessary as a fox was already in the field , so No 2 in the bag.

3rd stand was a stubble surrounded by woods which revealed 7 roe and a fox , bit of lip squeaking and that was No 3. Put the caller out and played cub call and it wasnt long before we had No4.

Moved over the road to a grass field which already had a fox out so No 5 .Positioned ourselves looking into top corner of field looking onto a wood and set caller away , another fox showed up within minutes , No 6 ...by now we had doubled my mates PB and I wanted to try for double figures.

Next stand produced 2 foxes but unfortunately one of them did a death  run into thick rushes and we couldnt find it .

We then headed back to field we got number 2 in and called in another ?

Then onto the stubble again which produced a vixen which just happened to exit the wood when we arrived. 

Then finally over the road to the grass field again , the caller pulled in a fox straight away but had to wait ages for a shot to present as it was mingling with the sheep.

By now it was starting to break daylight , did an all nighter shooting 11 foxes with 10 picked ?

Found 5 different litters and still never covered all the ground so plenty more to get over next few months???

It was surreal as every stand and field produced , I think we saw 16 in total.

My mate couldn't believe it , smashing his record by far ?

IMG-20220919-WA0000.jpg

I’ve  shot a couple of 9’s but the holy grail of 10 in a night has eluded me . It might elude me forever, because we are not heavily foxes hereabouts. If I’ve shot two or three I usually think that’s enough for tonight. Well done , that’s a night to remember. ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

To be honest, if I had ten foxes running around on my patch I would be embarrassed! ?

Why  would I be embarrassed ?

A bit of background , this ground isn't local its 120 mile round trip so I cant be there regular. It covers thousands of acres and surrounded by a large amount of forestry where there is no fox control consequently there is a never ending supply.

Typical of this site where you receive a negative response for getting a great result.

I will be up again soon as plenty more to get.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve  shot a couple of 9’s but the holy grail of 10 in a night has eluded me . It might elude me forever, because we are not heavily foxes hereabouts. If I’ve shot two or three I usually think that’s enough for tonight. Well done , that’s a night to remember. ?

I too have searched for the holy grail for 30 years but never happened as we dont have numbers either.

But this ground is good, always has had good numbers and always will.

Thanks for the positive comment ?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

A bit of background , this ground isn't local its 120 mile round trip so I cant be there regular. It covers thousands of acres and surrounded by a large amount of forestry where there is no fox control consequently there is a never ending supply.

Typical of this site where you receive a negative response for getting a great result.

The background info puts a different slant on it.....mardy.?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Still wish I had that many local, there like hens teeth ?

Nice and quiet around here just now. Clobbered the vixens for a few years now and it shows.

Even established runs seem to have stopped.

New settlers will arrive soon, especially when the maize comes off.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Who's best night ever,i mean who actually shot them? Fully prepared for the "your jealous. You never get out. I'm on my period". 

Just clarifying. 

Addressing-the-Elephant-in-the-Room-1200x675.png

It was my best night ever even though I wasnt shooting.

I offered the invite to my mate to shoot as he hasn't had numbers like that before as I'm kind like that. 

I'm happy spotting and calling and get pleasure out of others shooting. 

Now feck off you jealous little turd , I really cannot understand why you are on here when you dont contribute any hunting posts .

You cant wait to have a look every day to see what others have been shooting and the jealousy is eating you up ?

Try getting out sometime you might actually enjoy it.

Edited by FOXHUNTER
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Best night here was 14 but got bored so packed in at 1.30 .

Can feel the excitement  Mark .Well done .

Cheers Tim.

It was a fantastic night but dont think I will ever repeat it , just glad to hit double figures which has always been a challenge of mine.

Probably back to blanks local again ??

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

It was my best night ever even though I wasnt shooting.

I offered the invite to my mate to shoot as he hasn't had numbers like that before as I'm kind like that. 

I'm happy spotting and calling and get pleasure out of others shooting. 

Now feck off you jealous little turd , I really cannot understand why you are on here when you dont contribute any hunting posts .

You cant wait to have a look every day to see what others have been shooting and the jealousy is eating you up ?

Try getting out sometime you might actually enjoy it.

Like I said, just clarifying. 

No jealousy. I'm a very happy chappy. ?