Feeding frenzy killed pork

14 minutes ago, D Lloyd said:

Any one do this or have done this be for what's your opinion on it as part of a mixed meat diet

Yes pork is OK couple times a week specially when I was lamping them hard plenty fat in pork helps keep the weight on them ? some people might disagree But work for me along with other things 

30 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Yes pork is OK couple times a week specially when I was lamping them hard plenty fat in pork helps keep the weight on them ? some people might disagree But work for me along with other things 

Cheers for the repli .good to now thanks

4 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

Pork sword is lean meat all the fat is in the rind

• Haha 1

Now I was always led to believe pork was meat of satan and shouldn't be fed to a dog no matter what but I've fed it time to time and I know lads who feed it pretty regular and there dogs look tip top so I'd used discretion here 

1 minute ago, Big Ron said:

Why would it cause any probs feeding pork ???????

I remember old timers saying pork had worms and had to be cooked before feeding to dogs, but I think it was just an old wives tale.

Mine have had pork plenty time without any problems ?

Cheers.

10 minutes ago, socks said:

They were correct mate the worm was called trichinosis but since better animal husbandry laws have come in it’s been eradicated. That’s why pork can be served pink to humans now ?

Just had a quick read up on it......very interesting ?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Pigs heeds was always a thing for dogs ,I was speaking 2 the butcher an he said that the reason u don't get much pork is that most of a pig get used in some form or another for human consumption so the ain't really much waste  for dog meat unlike lambs beef steers and poultry 

U know

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Black neck said:

Pigs heeds was always a thing for dogs ,I was speaking 2 the butcher an he said that the reason u don't get much pork is that most of a pig get used in some form or another for human consumption so the ain't really much waste  for dog meat unlike lambs beef steers and poultry 

U know

Eat everything but the oink

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Black neck said:

U know

Seen

6 hours ago, Black neck said:

U know

Feck feeding it to dogs, boil it down to make brawn... Lovely ?