Jump to content

First mooch out of the season


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grounds still abit harder than I would like, but the weather was set fair and me and the young lad Freddy went for a 2.5-3 hour mooch this morning. Nothing doing in the usual spots, but great to

Well he was quite serious about it ,gritted his teeth when he said it like

2 ffs hull retires his at 2 having done 5 seasons

Posted Images

Mines bred pretty well to but first dog I’ve had since whippets as kids and he’s totally not ready for a proper first season compared to the bitches I’ve had I’ve happily started them at ten month lamping and ferreting and even in beating line but he’s hundred percent not ready for that I feel anyway 

you ever run bitches them swapped to dogs and noticed a difference?

at the moment I feel I’d be happy mooching about with the cocker patterdales this first season then start him properly next but I’d never have even thought of that with the bitches I’ve owned in past or could have let them of that lightly and last one was pretty tightly bred to him 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

Mines bred pretty well to but first dog I’ve had since whippets as kids and he’s totally not ready for a proper first season compared to the bitches I’ve had I’ve happily started them at ten month lamping and ferreting and even in beating line but he’s hundred percent not ready for that I feel anyway 

you ever run bitches them swapped to dogs and noticed a difference?

at the moment I feel I’d be happy mooching about with the cocker patterdales this first season then start him properly next but I’d never have even thought of that with the bitches I’ve owned in past or could have let them of that lightly and last one was pretty tightly bred to him 

get him out spots you think he will knock some up mate let him enter his self how old is he ? perfect time early season to get him going👍this pup 14 month 0B4B5F9C-21F8-4C41-A475-47EAE7148C2B.png.4318bd5e0652687c977e48facd6e72cf.png

  • Like 4
Link to post
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

get him out spots you think he will knock some up mate let him enter his self how old is he ? perfect time early season to get him going👍this pup 14 month 0B4B5F9C-21F8-4C41-A475-47EAE7148C2B.png.4318bd5e0652687c977e48facd6e72cf.png

I was actually hoping you’d comment mate 

he’s knocked up a couple second one he done a grueller and done v v well time wise and style wise just don’t feel the confidence in him like I have done the bitches but I know I’m been blind on that part tbh If I’d had an older one to run him in with I’d probs not be questioning it

you ever noticed difference in dogs and bitches with regards to maturity and age 

Link to post
1 minute ago, saluki bouy said:

I was actually hoping you’d comment mate 

he’s knocked up a couple second one he done a grueller and done v v well time wise and style wise just don’t feel the confidence in him like I have done the bitches but I know I’m been blind on that part tbh If I’d had an older one to run him in with I’d probs not be questioning it

you ever noticed difference in dogs and bitches with regards to maturity and age 

how old is he mate it’s always good having an older dog for them to watch is he trying for the kill 

all are different the dog in pic is the most matured in his litter he was only dog  and his sire was like a seasoned dog as soon as he started 

Link to post

12 months he’ll be grand I’ve just not the confidence in his maturity to bring him on like I have done with bitches I’ve owned in the past at his age 

he knows what it’s about is keen as f**k done something at 6 months I’ve not seen before but honestly I don’t feel rushed with him but aye if I could buy in something older I’d crack on quicker we’ve not the rabbits to hammer them first season here anymore and found in past full first season of that crack they’ll not sit in and be savy run wide with gears they’ll try finish asap first proper bitch I owned was 3/4 saluki and after having that intro from 8 months which I trusted she was ready and handled well she tried to finish quick as possible no coursing brain great bitch unreal tbh but ran like a whippet greyhound and lacked daytime where she should have excelled 

  • Like 1
Link to post
6 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

12 months he’ll be grand I’ve just not the confidence in his maturity to bring him on like I have done with bitches I’ve owned in the past at his age 

he knows what it’s about is keen as f**k done something at 6 months I’ve not seen before but honestly I don’t feel rushed with him but aye if I could buy in something older I’d crack on quicker we’ve not the rabbits to hammer them first season here anymore and found in past full first season of that crack they’ll not sit in and be savy run wide with gears they’ll try finish asap first proper bitch I owned was 3/4 saluki and after having that intro from 8 months which I trusted she was ready and handled well she tried to finish quick as possible no coursing brain great bitch unreal tbh but ran like a whippet greyhound and lacked daytime where she should have excelled 

he’s still young mate them  extra few months make a difference i wouldn’t buy in out just keep him bouncing and let him knock a few up don’t over do it just ones and twos if you think he is ok doing it i try  to stay away from lamping until they are following hunting up daytime at least a season of daytime 

we all have different ways but just don’t over do it keep him bouncing hopefully all will fall in to place 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post

I’ll take that advice cheers ok not a fan of lamping a pure daytime dog just you can put a lot of fur in a young dogs mouth quick which then really in turn has its downfalls 

he’s doing alright just mooching about with the couple cocker patts I’ve got the now but I feel like am 13 knocking whin bushes out with whippets again lol 

Impatience and a lack in trust in the male sex is probably my downfall and being make myself I’ve suffered each personally lol 

if I bought in older I know it would be wasted after getting him going which I wouldn’t do I prefer one dog at a time 4/5 years bring on a pup with but if I had two here it would be doing this pup an injustice having a run each or I’d think I’d have a superstar or infact two running doubles up 

Link to post
10 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

I’ll take that advice cheers ok not a fan of lamping a pure daytime dog just you can put a lot of fur in a young dogs mouth quick which then really in turn has its downfalls 

he’s doing alright just mooching about with the couple cocker patts I’ve got the now but I feel like am 13 knocking whin bushes out with whippets again lol 

Impatience and a lack in trust in the male sex is probably my downfall and being make myself I’ve suffered each personally lol 

if I bought in older I know it would be wasted after getting him going which I wouldn’t do I prefer one dog at a time 4/5 years bring on a pup with but if I had two here it would be doing this pup an injustice having a run each or I’d think I’d have a superstar or infact two running doubles up 

a few bunny will do no harm mate to get a bit a fur in the mouth just don’t over do it 

why a let them get things up all summer i know lads think it’s wrong etc but it does pups the world a good i think again we all do it different wait for abuse from shaark now 😂 

Link to post

I’m lucky we’ve whites here which are easier than bunny’s tbh unless you pick and choose your runs distance and out of eyesight before slipping 

learnt that lesson as a kid with whippets let them watch races from 6 months plus which was the accepted method at the track we went to screaming at the side of traps then wonder why when they’ve a knock or unfit there yepping out of frustration when there 6 yards behind the last dog or sitting mid race and start barging/ shouldering or attempting to nip through a muzzle or even when they weren’t leading the other 5 running little hero’s of dogs had the self belief that they themselves were the only ones deserving of wining 

same came when running them on rabbits on hedgesides lamping or bushing in general 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...