6 mile walk with the pup coming up 6 month

5 hours ago, JezzaMaze said:

Yeah mines only there just incase bud but definitely worth having one with a young dog not with all lurchers but definitely a bull drive like this bitch she’s pure and solely bred to do the black and whites she’s 9/16 bull 1/8 grey 1/8 wheaton 

atb 

rein yourself in pal?... anyone can come on and read what's written on here?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, terryd said:

Simple fact is they work and you can get timing bang on and not have to touch the dog. The alternative being legging it across a field after a dog whos legging after a sheep and then when the dog gets the sheep and you get the dog its just a complete bloody shambles and no good is going to come of it. You actually need the dog to grab the sheep because if you have gone horse shouting and the ducker is blanking you any way how else you going to catch a lurcher doing good knows how many mph across a field  Ideally you avoid any of that happening but some dogs are a bit more lively than others.

Butter wouldn't melt ggrrr lol

butter.jpg.d78749df146fea3bab36d7e4611ab6a6.jpg

the dog runs after a sheep i’m running the other facking way ? 

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 18/09/2022 at 12:53, iworkwhippets said:

As soon as my pups had there jabs, i got em out with livestock, practically spent days with em, if any of showed the slightest interest, of gerrin stuck in, i emptied my bladder over the varmint 

On the money Keith, getting out any type dog what ever the breed at a young age 9-10 weeks old is the crack. They got to be oblivious to sheep, they got look at them as boring white things. Regards  prey drive in a bullx thing, I've had 3 of them before,  there not think dogs, you can train just as easy as any other lurcher. My 1x gsd xgrey  big old Buck, big saft thing with. People and dogs, but put  his hunting head on, fook me  was different animal, once that lamp was on. And  regards 6 mile walk OK if your just feckin about in feilds or around woods, Buck was out with Bryn lamping  10 weeks old, he just plod along at his onw pace like all pups do, he play out in the woods couple hours anyway looking at tree rats lol, but I kept him off roads till 12-14 months old, he got his height at 9 months 28in, but took 2 years to get build 88lb, so OK on soft ground, but tarmack=roads, I keep away if I was you till 12 months old, unless your just in feilds anway. ?