6 mile walk with the pup coming up 6 month

4 hours ago, JezzaMaze said:

has electric collar on as stock breaking her it’s there just to be safe but the pup is mint round stock she’s doing real well enjoying being a pup

atb 

1AAAFCD5-B00E-49ED-8611-293AD4DC566F.jpeg

8AC1CE74-B67C-427A-BC33-A6C775D2A37A.png

E7696AA9-74FB-4A58-9644-4766A3731B09.png

E5AC9B46-C67F-4618-A19A-571B8F407532.png

37D38EE1-9624-49C6-AB13-C1EF5A146A29.png

16BF0497-28CF-4E75-948F-0A2659B1F7F1.png

Nice pup ,

I'm sure them collars can  work but I wouldn’t want to be zapping one of mine .

electric fences bad anufe,fcuking things I hate them .

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Nice pup ,

To be fair it’s been pressed once and now the beep is enough but if you knew the bull blood and drive in the dog you would want to be safe not just for dog but for the live stock but just the beep is enough to correct the brain so electric bit isn’t needed I wouldn’t use it unless teaching around stock 

atb

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Nice pup ,

The electric shock from a fence can put a dog off going to the hedge. So replace hedge with ewe, and thats what a collar does. A very good device used with common sense.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, JezzaMaze said:

To be fair it’s been pressed once and now the beep is enough but if you knew the bull blood and drive in the dog you would want to be safe not just for dog but for the live stock but just the beep is enough to correct the brain so electric bit isn’t needed I wouldn’t use it unless teaching around stock 

atb

I nearly got one for my bedy grey who like a bull x as plenty drive ,she was fine around sheep but after she retreaved few muntys she was taking unhealthy look at sheep so back to stock training we went but if she carried on I'd have had to use a collar but luckily q scolding and few days around sheep put a stop to it but I did think about a collar but not knowing anyone who uses one to show me in the field put me off as I'm sure in wrong hands they could do more damage than good 

Atb 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I nearly got one for my bedy grey who like a bull x as plenty drive ,she was fine around sheep but after she retreaved few muntys she was taking unhealthy look at sheep so back to stock training we went but if she carried on I'd have had to use a collar but luckily q scolding and few days around sheep put a stop to it but I did think about a collar but not knowing anyone who uses one to show me in the field put me off as I'm sure in wrong hands they could do more damage than good 

Atb 

Some dogs won't be stopped by the collar if there 2 far gone 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

As soon as my pups had there jabs, i got em out with livestock, practically spent days with em, if any of showed the slightest interest, of gerrin stuck in, i emptied my bladder over the varmint 

Golden shower correction technique ? 

Simple fact is they work and you can get timing bang on and not have to touch the dog. The alternative being legging it across a field after a dog whos legging after a sheep and then when the dog gets the sheep and you get the dog its just a complete bloody shambles and no good is going to come of it. You actually need the dog to grab the sheep because if you have gone horse shouting and the ducker is blanking you any way how else you going to catch a lurcher doing good knows how many mph across a field  Ideally you avoid any of that happening but some dogs are a bit more lively than others.

Butter wouldn't melt ggrrr lol

butter.jpg.d78749df146fea3bab36d7e4611ab6a6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Atb 

Yeah mines only there just incase bud but definitely worth having one with a young dog not with all lurchers but definitely a bull drive like this bitch she’s pure and solely bred to do the black and whites she’s 9/16 bull 1/8 grey 1/8 wheaton 

atb 

2 hours ago, terryd said:

Simple fact is they work and you can get timing bang on and not have to touch the dog. The alternative being legging it across a field after a dog whos legging after a sheep and then when the dog gets the sheep and you get the dog its just a complete bloody shambles and no good is going to come of it. You actually need the dog to grab the sheep because if you have gone horse shouting and the ducker is blanking you any way how else you going to catch a lurcher doing good knows how many mph across a field  Ideally you avoid any of that happening but some dogs are a bit more lively than others.

Butter wouldn't melt ggrrr lol

butter.jpg.d78749df146fea3bab36d7e4611ab6a6.jpg

Agree can’t beat them for safety when teaching round stock 

atb