Two police offers stabbed Leicester Square.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the USA he’d be dead now it’s about time we trained and armed all inner city police officers you’ve got to move with the times we have a different level of scum now.

Should of shot and killed him

f**k being a copper taking on that calibre of lunatic with nothing more than a taser. I wouldn’t have the temperament for it at all. Soon as a knife is involved I’d want a benelli handy. What a f***in

7 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

In the USA he’d be dead now it’s about time we trained and armed all inner city police officers you’ve got to move with the times we have a different level of scum now.

Much as what you say makes sense mate, I have always thought you just couldn’t trust the average Bobby on the beat with a gun…..first off, guns are very, very alien to British people.

Secondly, look at the state of some of your modern coppers !…..they would be wasting people for out of date tax disks and bald tyres !

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, WILF said:

Much as what you say makes sense mate, I have always thought you just couldn’t trust the average Bobby on the beat with a gun…..first off, guns are very, very alien to British people.

Secondly, look at the state of some of your modern coppers !…..they would be wasting people for out of date tax disks and bald tyres !

You are getting mixed up with the States. British cops wouldn't dare use the gun for fear of some backstabbing gaffer to hang them out to dry to preserve the Force's diversity image. 

Knife crime is a strange beast. In my experience most knives I took off people were in two groups; the vulnerable victims of society who stupidly thought a knife would protect them from bullies, and secondly the ones who were overcome by grief, rage, drugs, alcohol or emotions and took up a knife to get attention. I didn't come across the East Europeans / Slavs / Turks who know how to use them or the black youths who think they know how to use them. Most knife reports in rural and small town scenarios can be dealt with quite easily. You just put something between you and them and close them down. A dog is ideal, but chairs, stools, bikes or small tables will do. One of my mates used a vaccuum cleaner. The problems come when other people get involved or need to be protected or the one with the knife is a big fekka. It's no good gassing them as the gas will affect you if and when you need to get hands on. Batons are useless and result in you being one handed and Tasers aren't always feasible or that effective in many situations. You can't shoot them even if you had a gun because of the often complex situations that would result in somebody else getting shot by accident. There is no ideal answer so you just have to improvise and things don't always go to plan.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, chesney said:

At 12 r 13 seconds cop behind should have blowin  his knee  out with a kick. 

Not trained for it. Self defence used to be 2 days  a year and boiled down to about 4 hours actually doing it after theory, first aid safety drill and conflict resolution modules. Consider the various ways hand cuffs can be applied, leg wraps, baton strikes, gas useage and the time for hands on was minimal and confined to defensive manouvers.

The self defence training is just a box ticking exercise to avoid litigation.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, WILF said:

I get what your saying Wilf hence why I emphasised training and a degree of discipline is essential but definitely in a situation in the video it could be the difference between life and death.

My experience of gun ownership has made me think twice before losing my rag or any unnecessary outbursts it gives me a sort of discipline and responsibility that I never used to have years ago.

Edited by FLATTOP
Grammar
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, gnipper said:

If a member of the public was to twat someone in that kind if situation would they get prosecuted or thanked for their help?

Nicked !

I got nicked once for doing in a spade who was threatening people with a knife, copper came along and tried to intervene and the spade just flattened him…..I set about him after he flopped the copper and when the police tuned up and nicked me I said to the cozzer “Tell them I just saved your f***ing skin” …….never said a word !

Amazing huh ;) 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Hey what about us in good ole ulster??????

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, Nicepix said:

The Taser only works if it has stuck and the wires are not disconnected. Even then it only works for a few seconds and is only really effective for people with normal reasoning. Drugs, rage and alcohol can reduce normal reasoning. Normally you only get one or two zaps before you lose power or connectivity. Batons are less than useless. They are designed not to hurt people to reduce compensation claims.

Why wasn't the knife collected earlier? Because the officer collecting the knife then has to follow protocols to ensure that it can be used as evidence with the offender's dna and prints on it. He would have to put it in a plastic tube straight away and keep hold of it. Realistically as soon as you pick up a knife or other weapon you are out of the game.

I once kicked what I thought was a bb gun away when I decked the owner. It was only after he was cuffed, put in a vehicle and the AFO turned up that it was discovered to be a live firing Luger. Still on the floor where I had kicked it. The suspect is the priority, evidence comes later. Those officers will have had to make the decision as to keep the knife close enough to prevent anyone else using or taking it, and dealing with the suspect. Shit happens.

Did you ever have to deal with some one high on angel dust ? . Years ago one night where i was working , it took 13 cops to subdue one man high on angel dust .

Lads what we are forgetting here is, why do we have no 2nd amendment in our constitutions? Well its a very old reason and it goes something like this, many yrs ago we surrendered our guns to the kings government in a trade off that the guarantee is that hm forces be it military or police protect us instead, remember its a guarantee, so if theyre failing which they are to protect the innnocent public then it needs looking at where we can carry ourselves to protect us from the bad guys instead. Look it up

• Thanks 1