Weston park this week .

18 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Someone give me a reason to go.

You need to visit the Countryside Alliance stand so they can tell you how much they are doing to save hunting with dogs ? Lol 

There’s a fence painting competition going on near me. I hear the competition is going to be fierce. I’ve an open bar at my house to support the sport which, to my knowledge, is going to be supported by genuine like minded people who have a genuine interest in our future. IMO. JOK. 

21 minutes ago, jok said:

There’s a fence painting competition going on near me. I hear the competition is going to be fierce. I’ve an open bar at my house to support the sport which, to my knowledge, is going to be supported by genuine like minded people who have a genuine interest in our future. IMO. JOK. 

My moneys on Daniel san Wax Off Ralph Macchio GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

Bloody hell , I went today . One gun stand ( Oxford gun co ) The Warrener, Fortis , Duck Dri  a bit of fishing stuff . But mostly tat . There were about five or six clothing stalls all selling the same “ market “ quality clothing and footwear . 
         I don’t mean to be sniffy but It was more Appleby horse fair than a country show . Apologies to any travelers . I wish you well , and hope they all had a great time . I will just vote with my feet , I won’t be back next year . I did however enjoy admiring some of the terrier’s and Lurcher’s . And watched some good spaniels in the scurry . 

Big game fairs and county shows will soon be a thing of the past.

A pal of mine used to run the Yorkshire Game Fair, but it became financially unviable.

Third party insurance .

Government regulation regarding things like the number of portaloos, invalid access, etc.

Cost of security and marshalls.

Hire of marquees, generators, potable water.

Cost of rubbish removal and clean up after the show.

Then the Duke got greedy and demanded £10,000 up front for the use of the land.

The choice was to put the entrance price up to levels ordinary people couldn't afford , people already complained about paying £8, or give up.......she chose to give up.

Shame as it was a good weekend out.

Cheers.

• Sad 1