Warrener DVD

I’m on holiday in my caravan . Unless there is a good film on , there is little that interests me on TV so I brought some DVDs from home . My Mrs is sat there doing her crotchet or knitting, so she doesn’t care what’s on the box . 
           I put on a Warrener dvd , called “That f##king fox had another lamb last night “. I used to have some of his old VHS videos years ago , and really enjoyed them . I watched this , and nearly every  shot was botched . I don’t think there was more than a couple of clean kills on the whole film . Every shot was followed by him saying, “ I don’t know what happened there , but we picked it up about 50 yards away “. 
                 Ive met Pat Carey on a couple of occasions. The first time was on a Woodcock shoot . We were asked not to write or comment about the day on social media , and we said we wouldn’t, so because I’m a man of my word , I won’t . But I haven’t been back for more , let’s put it that way . 
           But having said that , he is a great story teller and we had a laugh if nothing else . He told us under no circumstances were any of us to shoot a fox , “ they are all film stars “. 
       Anybody else have any Warrener opinions? 

I used to buy all the VHS videos back in the day but not anymore.

Pretty much all the same , calling and shooting foxes.

I havent met him but a keeper I knew in Shropshire who was a keen terrier and lurcher man invited him out to witness his skill in calling as he was dubious.

Anyway he was very impressed with his skill in calling, he thought he was on top of the foxes but got a shock that night when he called in 8 foxes ?

The keeper said he had never seen anything like it , the man was a genius at calling .

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I used to buy all the VHS videos back in the day but not anymore.

Pretty much all the same , calling and shooting foxes.

I havent met him but a keeper I knew in Shropshire who was a keen terrier and lurcher man invited him out to witness his skill in calling as he was dubious.

Anyway he was very impressed with his skill in calling, he thought he was on top of the foxes but got a shock that night when he called in 8 foxes ?

The keeper said he had never seen anything like it , the man was a genius at calling .

I was with him in Cornwall with my Mate Anthony and a few others and he called in a  couple of foxes in daytime . In all fairness he got them to come straight in within shotgun range . I’m not sure if his calling would have had the same effect in Gloucestershire pheasant shooting area , because his calling wasn’t much different to how we call them . But then we are only copying what we learned off his Videos ?

Ihave quitea few of his and they are worth the watch until he doubles and trebles terriers to ground.

Funny story here …

Mate of mine went down on one of his fox courses ,why I never knew as he did plenty with me .

Pat likes to say when to shoot apparently but my mate was knocking them over at range ,too rangey for the camera lol.

On the last day he was told to sit under a wall looking out over the moor with a shotgun while Pats oppo ,name forgotten was on the rifle back with Pat .Two foxes came in to within 15 m of my mate but he never shot them .After the session Pat was fuming but my mate said politely “Sorry Pat but you never said shoot either and I know how precious you are on timing ?

Its on one of the vids where Pat says say no more ?

Another funny story. The time I went woodcock shooting he took my mates son and a couple of young keepers out to shoot a fox . I was happy for a pint and an early night . 
         Pat did what he does and called a fox in . My mates son George had the honour of shooting with a semi auto shotgun . What is funny to me is that George is always letting anyone  who will stand still long enough know what a great shot he is with a shotgun or a rifle , he can dig deeper , faster , and for longer . You name it he is an expert and I think when it was filmed he was only about 14 . Well George missed with the first two shots but , tagged it with the third . Pat rided him about his shooting and sent him off to pick it up . “ what is it George, is it a dog “? Pat asked . George answered “ no it’s a bitch “ , on the video you can here this young keeper say “ they are called vixen’s George “. ???

• Haha 2