Alpine mastiff

Size estimates for it are bullshit, I'm also pretty sure it's a boarhound as apparently it's the ancestor of the St. Bernard which is ruined fat snowy boarhound that does nothing.

Dog was probably 90-160lbs, maybe like this Bullwolfhound or O'Halloran Hound: main-qimg-001b0b4651e707aadd2648e98cb714ad-pjlqimage.jpeg.7b610dab00cd016a129a413ccd1bc71c.jpeg 

Edited by Bolushi
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Bolushi said:

Size estimates for it are bullshit, I'm also pretty sure it's a boarhound as apparently it's the ancestor of the St. Bernard which is ruined fat snowy boarhound that does nothing.

Dog was probably 90-160lbs, maybe like this Bullwolfhound or O'Halloran Hound: main-qimg-001b0b4651e707aadd2648e98cb714ad-pjlqimage.jpeg.7b610dab00cd016a129a413ccd1bc71c.jpeg 

Aren't the O'Hallaran hounds basically line bred bullmastiff Great Dane crosses, bred in Australia ?

Cheers.

Tats and baker boy.

We started off with a couple of whippet crosses and a couple of russell crosses,  in about 1972-73, along with a few greyhounds from about 1977 til about 1982.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Bolushi said:

I'm not sure, I'll have to check in with my Australian friend on that. 

They are, I'm not sure if any made it to the states though.

I think Frosti took some of his bully greys over to have a go at those big boars in Florida.

Cheers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

They are, I'm not sure if any made it to the states though.

I think Frosti took some of his bully greys over to have a go at those big boars in Florida.

Cheers.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there are none here. I'd be pretty happy to see a dog in Australia actually get bred by hunters here. We have a bunch of APBTs and BMCs and Catahoulas and mongrel bulldogs and a few Dogos sprinkled here and there. We don't have much in the way of Australian dogs. Personally I've only heard of a few BAs and the Bullygreys you were talking about.

Might try to get an O'Halloran Hound imported eventually, not possible for the next few years though.

I think the Aussie dogs may be better than our dogs, it's just APBTs and BMCs and Catahoulas with a few mongrels and Dogos sprinkled around. Over here we don't have much to do with Sighthound X dogs, I only heard of one guy named ''Lone Star'' who bred Dogo x Stag and a guy in Texas who had some mongrel dogs (might've actually been those Dogo x Stag dogs, no idea). Over here there's not much need for a dog to be chasing after multiple boars in 1 sitting, which makes Sighthound blood a bit redundant in most people's opinion here sadly. Even though I think the Sighthound X bull breed dogs are better than our dogs and every time we've had them around they did very good and people were happy with them.