A.P.B.T....

sorry for all the question most been silly but in boxing you can become a champ by not taking fights that might be a bit to close so they stick to easier ops did this happen with the bulls, i mean did certain dogs get ch recognition but take an easy route.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, big sid said:

sorry for all the question most been silly but in boxing you can become a champ by not taking fights that might be a bit to close so they stick to easier ops did this happen with the bulls, i mean did certain dogs get ch recognition but take an easy route.

For sure they did. 
A guy would watch a roll and see something, then challenge the owner who thought he had a good one. 
Most of the time it was an easy win. 
Some were open to anyone that wanted some. 
Some guys would travel, others wanted home advantage. 
It was all part of the game. 
Real knew real. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Dillon and Klogger were littermates....Cheyney was a son of Dillon ( if memory serves me correct ).....all them double Buzz dogs which seemed popular at the time.

How was Domino bred ?.....in terms of quitters the Nelis blood didnt stack up particularly well but they were crafty calculated match dogs that suited s certain type of conditioning.

Patricks stuff i was never really around too much though can fully appreciate the Tombstone/Bolio stuff that hit these shores.....indeed,good days.

Dillon and klogger were littermates along with Britt who beat the Stafford Moonshine, son of Psycho. The other dog Ch. Chainy was a son of Campbell's dillon, I had a daughter out of chainy x lightning ( Billys sister? Mother to curstopper and grizz)

• Like 3
21 hours ago, PMul said:

Just lost the whole reply to this…

try again. Lol

I had mixed up Klogger with Buzz( brain fade). 
I met the Buzz dog in his latter days. A well known dog for sure. 
The Domino dog was owed by the same guy that owed Dillon, he told me he was down from Nelis, but unsure of the rest. 
I didn’t mention my gyp quitting as any detriment to the Nelis line, as I admired the whole Nelis, Spike, Alligator blood. Just speaking honestly about my gyp. 
That blood sure could fight. 

Without searching through stacks of old peds which i really cant be bothered to do i cant quite place those Nelis/Buzz matings.....i know you wasnt mate i was just being realistic i liked the family for several different reasons but outright gameness wasnt one of them they just suited my conditioning and i tend to think they crossed well on near every strain they was put to and as a family they stood the test of time.....but then as regards those Buzz dogs and all those other northern dogs Dillon/Sue/Sonny etc etc being a big Southern softie i preferred our own stuff ?

21 hours ago, big sid said:

Plenty of people picked their matches carefully one of the last dogs i was around in this country was from a litter containing 2 champions both of which had been into either Staffords,new lads on their first match or both !.....having seen the game in Europe later on i felt it was much more about the dogs and not peoples ego's and the quality of match ups reflected that in my opinion.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, oxo said:

Dillon and klogger were littermates along with Britt who beat the Stafford Moonshine, son of Psycho. The other dog Ch. Chainy was a son of Campbell's dillon, I had a daughter out of chainy x lightning ( Billys sister? Mother to curstopper and grizz)

My brains too scrambled to see how that looks on paper but all the dogs mentioned were good animals....wrong end of the country for me though.

23 hours ago, PMul said:

For sure they did. 
A guy would watch a roll and see something, then challenge the owner who thought he had a good one. 
Most of the time it was an easy win. 
Some were open to anyone that wanted some. 
Some guys would travel, others wanted home advantage. 
It was all part of the game. 
Real knew real. 

Good honest answer... regarding the way it was... ?

Any of you chaps know how old Curstopper was when he died ?....last i saw of him was up Accrington way must of been 97/98...he'd stopped producing pups,nobody seemed able to get him right,bad skin etc....its the trouble with gamedogs and age the last years are spent with a shot nervous system and quite often a poor standard of life,never seems right for old warriors to go like that.

Edited by gnasher16
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Any of you chaps know how old Curstopper was when he died ?....last i saw of him was up Accrington way must of been 97/98...he'd stopped producing pups,nobody seemed able to get him right,bad skin etc....its the trouble with gamedogs and age the last years are spent with a shot nervous system and quite often a poor standard of life,never seems right for old warriors to go like that.

I was gonna ask a similar question the other evening, but as you seemed to be more a conditioner than a handler did you ever get a bond to any of the dogs you were working with, like a proper bond that only happens now and again with dogs you just click with.

On the subject of your above post it's the same with all working dogs to some degree, I heard stories and read about a terrier on here and about the phenomenal worker and producer he was but when I seen him in the flesh while he was up this way to cover a bitch the poor bugger had hardly any hair on him and puss coming out of his eyes, a real sad state to see such a well known talked about little warrior in in his later years, the lad who's yard he was on had him a totally different animal in the couple of weeks he had him but no doubt it wouldn't of lasted when he went back down the road. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

He died in 2002 from cancer apparently...

Yokel

• Like 1