A.P.B.T....

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

nice stamp and of a dog i’m for linebreeding. but inbreeding siblings farther daughter is not for me 

It has its place mate.....as the descendants of that dog and other areas of his family who were even more inbred are testament to ?.....again though,runners...i have no idea or opinion.

• Like 4

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

All them dogs on that list were relevant to the sport your discussing .

Def more so than Lurchers and greyhounds.

Im sure Youv heard of some if not most but you let your personal shit get the better of you ?

Are Bristol Rovers relevant to The Premiership ?.....no they are relevant to the First Division.....im done you crack on Mr Mayfield.

• Haha 1

It's been interesting in some respects, but comparative to baiting dogs of old, I'd be as interested to see dog on dog as I would dog on chained bear or winged Brock no appeal , not comparable with dogs that hunt and catch imho , but each to their own.  At the same time attributes have been used in the production of quality hunting dogs, I'd possibly be more interested in war dogs / Romans etc mastiffs. Anyway only my tuppence carry on .....lol

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

similar opinion to me gnash ? i get shot down for it id say dogs from different lines but same family tree further back 

that farther daughter brother sister isn’t for me 

Just to be clear mate im not talking about loose line breeding which is what i think you are suggesting......im talking about a complete outcross of 2 inbred families of dogs....as in the sire will have no shared genetic heritage with the dam whatsoever but they are inbred dogs of their respective lines......i think within gamedogs anyway it can create a complete explosion of the genes.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Borr said:

It's been interesting in some respects, but comparative to baiting dogs of old, I'd be as interested to see dog on dog as I would dog on chained bear or winged Brock no appeal , not comparable with dogs that hunt and catch imho , but each to their own.  At the same time attributes have been used in the production of quality hunting dogs, I'd possibly be more interested in war dogs / Romans etc mastiffs. Anyway only my tuppence carry on .....lol

Those ''war dogs'' are still just fighting bulldogs. Might be slightly less 2-dimensional though.

Mastiff is a dumb term, because they're all bulldogs and boarhounds. Boarhounds are actually rugged outdoorsman while the bulldog is sorta just a fighting dog that an outdoorsman may have. 

Bulldogs can catch but they're not the same w/o sighthound blood. Bulldog x Sighthound makes a boarhound, real dogs that can run and catch stuff. Something the wild world needs to fear. When you cross something to sighthound it gets smarter and it can run things down as opposed to being a slow fighting bulldog meant to fight things in cages.

Bulldog blood is vital to make a good catch dog for large-ish game, but it's not needed in intense quantities. Too much of a good thing.

Edited by Bolushi
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Just to be clear mate im not talking about loose line breeding which is what i think you are suggesting......im talking about a complete outcross of 2 inbred families of dogs....as in the sire will have no shared genetic heritage with the dam whatsoever but they are inbred dogs of their respective lines......i think within gamedogs anyway it can create a complete explosion of the genes.

i get what your saying mate i was saying i’d prefer to loosely linebreed as you thought 

what you prefer would be the equivalent of daytime lads putting a heavily linebred coursing dog to a heavily linebreed pure saluki and lads have had excellent results like this ?how me red bitch is bred 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Hello mate like i said before my theory was that it wasnt good to keep a bulldog too fit all year round so for the majority of the year a simple maintenance type kibble.....as long as the dog was clean inside and out,healthy etc you didnt want a dog too fit with no match date to aim at....but as soon as you did have a match date the work began and your pre keep started with a change over to raw and the leanest cuts of meat to start off with so lean and organ meats for the protein but protein requires energy for the dog to digest and assimilate/make energy which is where fueling with fats and the burning of fats becomes a cooler process for the dog at that stage.... baby steps with upping the fat content to ensure hydration where the dog falls to a good place for work and chicken as well as red meats work best and are easily assimilated.....a lot of people fed high protein/high carb/low fat but for me the cardio suffers as it takes a lot of heat to assimilate that type of diet....lowering either of the first two and increasing the fat and you have a different dog.....regards veg a lot of people feel it has no nutritional benefit as in the wild it would of already been through the animal being eaten but i did used to feed greens and for me the key to any foliage/roughage is adding something to help break it down there isnt a great deal of nutritional value still but with say some raw beef tripe as a pro biotic the greens then become beneficial.

I could waffle on for hours with my own ideas and theories regarding feeding bulldogs it doesnt make me right and as i keep repeating i really dont think a lot of what i could suggest even applies to anything but bulldogs so please dont think im preaching to anyone about how you should feed dogs....again the folk whos bulldogs i conditioned had records that spoke for themself but ultimately its about the dog and the worst mistake any conditioner can make is to condition the wrong dog.....its important,but it is only grub.

I often wondered how these dogs got on with the complete food a lad in Rotherham who used to keep staff's a few lads in the bulldog game used his complete food he used to make up in his garage i introduced the lad who was the top handler you mention earlier in the thread to the same chap but always forgot to ask him how he got on with it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I often wondered how these dogs got on with the complete food a lad in Rotherham who used to keep staff's a few lads in the bulldog game used his complete food he used to make up in his garage i introduced the lad who was the top handler you mention earlier in the thread to the same chap but always forgot to ask him how he got on with it.

Remember years back in the 80s feeding omega rings and adding sa37, thought we were giving the dogs top stuff ?

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The theory doesnt always work though ive got more than a few scars to prove it ?...had to have microsurgery to save the use of my thumb down to a son of this evil orange eyed c**t !!

IMG_2850.jpg

Ch neilson isn’t it?  there’s a good bit about him in the we dared if I’m thinking of the same fella 

• Like 1