A.P.B.T....

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Ive personally seen and been told of ch bulldogs that were safe around other dogs and pups unless it was time to go to work.A pal had a little very well known bitch that could be loose with and walked out with other dogs as long as they behaved but hold her between your legs and she'd go into anything.Another good friend who I met when I was a kid in the 80s had a ch dog that he could put in the back of his car with his 3 british bulldogs and take him down the park and he wouldnt look at another dog unless he spotted his own kind

I guess that at least in a tiny bit similar as what I described as nobility in bulls. Interesting 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, YOKEL said:

Very smart looking bitch! Got some napper on it, looks like she could close her mouth if she put her mind to it!

Yokel

they always look like there heads to big for the body once hard fit aye she’s a credit

14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I remember putting some pictures on here years ago of a dog down in Cyprus off old dogs id had years prefiously he lived his life as pretty much a nomadic wanderer ?....he would spend weeks walking from village to village up around The Troodos mountains getting fed here and there coming into contact with various animals along the way he just had that aura of " i know who i am and ive nothing to prove ".....yet he was bred down off some of the most active bloodlines of the time.......the adaptability of these dogs really is amazing at times.

That's the bit I find interesting, unfortunately we don't have the room or country to explore these things anymore. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

that’s what i’m talking about gnash immaculate exactly how  i’d expect a fit un to look ?

That was a few days out as i remember so not totally peaked out.....and only had 47 days work in her......conditioned entirely  " over the phone " ?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

That was a few days out as i remember so not totally peaked out.....and only had 47 days work in her......conditioned entirely  " over the phone " ?

Were they conditioned like fighters mate ?

Like rest after and work upto a match ?

I had a lovely little brindle bitch back in the day out of a very famous ch  red staff  dog  here in Nottinghamshire, sadly no photos...I reckon I've said enough for some to join the dots lol

Great thread ?

• Like 1

now i know nothing about this, but how long does it take to get a dog spot on, how many matches does it take to be a champ and how many in a dogs life would it normally have, is their an age to start and stop a dogs career.gnash what weight would that bitch be.

1 minute ago, big sid said:

now i know nothing about this, but how long does it take to get a dog spot on, how many matches does it take to be a champ and how many in a dogs life would it normally have, is their an age to start and stop a dogs career.gnash what weight would that bitch be.

I could be way off but I read somewhere it was 3 to become a champion ?

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Were they conditioned like fighters mate ?

Like rest after and work upto a match ?

Pretty much mate yes....no contact of course the way a fighter might spar up to a week before a fight dogs see no contact whatsoever....and yes the general concept is the same,steroids of course allow for shorter rest and higher output....a lot of people can send a dog in " fit "....but truly peaking a dog for that few hours takes more than that and is an art in my opinion.

• Like 2

Always been interested in this breed,the gamebred ones,all the people who own the real stuff say they are a noble dogs,I do only listen to the old timers though who say patience is the biggest thing missing in ownership today as with most things today is got to happen now,immediate or it’s not regarded as worth the effort involved,which in this breeds case means devastating mouths but questionable gameness,whereas gameness used to be the foundation.So much you can gleam now with podcasts forums etc about this breed.Put this photo up before and like most photos it doesn’t do the dog justice,I cannot take my eyes of him when he’s about just the definition of canine athleticism imo,was offered a pup out of a recent three time Russian champion but at the time thought f**k Russia,and seriously there’s nothing I can do with a dog of that ability here,and most of my dogs are mental anyway and a reflection of the owner,next level responsibility,you know eyes in your arse etc

F6B0CD60-C0F0-4A38-81B9-358FAFD19DB2.jpeg

• Like 5