A.P.B.T....

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice read that was i couldnt " like " it for some reason....i think the pit bulls were addictive a lot of young lads of our generation had a healthy respect for their physical prowess and that was goo

Most pics of dogs that went through my hands mate ended up with the dead chap spoken about on this topic !....and it wouldnt be right to show other peoples dogs but this is a dog im fairly close to on

My APBT Max.

Posted Images

Nice looking dog i remember them big houndy looking things 23" plus a lot of them old Reid dogs went big like that Dread i think was 24 " @ 70lb odd......too big.

If i had to bet i wouldnt book that as a Reid dog.... i might be wrong.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Nice looking dog i remember them big houndy looking things 23" plus a lot of them old Reid dogs went big like that Dread i think was 24 " @ 70lb odd......too big.

If i had to bet i wouldnt book that as a Reid dog.... i might be wrong.

When you read all  about the apbt owners of the past, they all preferred the smaller type bulldogs 17-20in  40-55lb , they were easier to handle. But if you got a real game 20in 60lb bulldog,, not much would live them they said, but always hard getting them. Stratton, colby said this in there books. Our staffs we had in 60s.were more like pits today, ours were 16-19in 40-55lb, the lines were from old black country = w-ton, Walsall, these type I think were the ones that went over the America to start the apbt lines of the breed, I did read that they may have had hound in there as well, Reid lines were deff on the big side, my bitch I had was 20in 60lb brindle  very powerful animal,  good temp, but like been said, never relax with them, lurcher easier deff to live with lol

4 minutes ago, bird said:

When you read all  about the apbt owners of the past, they all preferred the smaller type bulldogs 17-20in  40-55lb , they were easier to handle. But if you got a real game 20in 60lb bulldog,, not much would live them they said, but always hard getting them. Stratton, colby said this in there books. Our staffs we had in 60s.were more like pits today, ours were 16-19in 40-55lb, the lines were from old black country = w-ton, Walsall, these type I think were the ones that went over the America to start the apbt lines of the breed, I did read that they may have had hound in there as well, Reid lines were deff on the big side, my bitch I had was 20in 60lb brindle  very powerful animal,  good temp, but like been said, never relax with them, lurcher easier deff to live with lol

I dont think they paid a lot of attention to size back then mate....gameness came first and nothing else really mattered....besides which the dog is going against a dog its own size anyway but a 20" 45 lb dog is plenty big enough to keep active.

Bird are you aware of some sort of Staffordshire Bull Terrier museum up the black country somewhere.....a few folk have told me about it i just wondered whether its worth a quick visit next time im up that way.

• Like 5