8 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:huh: Hang about! Ye've back footed me there. " Horned Toads " ? They, to me, have always been ... Yes, that's it! (DDGd them) Those fantastic, spiky little things. Think it was at the end of " Shane " where he swaps his Dog for one with that kiddie?

But, don't those little fukkers eat ants? It was always a pipe dream of mine, to keep those (Probably next to my pipe Gilla Monsters too, eh? :rolleyes:)

But, like the dendrobates, back then; How the hell was one gonna Feed them?! ~ And before some millennial, tit raised on googles milk, pipes up and a says, " Durrr; Fruit Flies, Boomer! " ? I'll tell ye a story about Those fukking things some time! Fruit flies. Not millennials.

Anyway, where were we?

Ah. Yes. Would ye mean Ceratophrys? What I always knew as 'Horned Frogs'. Millennials call " Pacman Frogs " (Fukking wonder they even Remember 'Pacman', isn't it?) Eat pretty much anything that gets within range, they will. Weren't we discussing frogs eating shit, earlier?

Anyway. Yes. Forgive me; I've had a very 'interesting' few days here. With any luck though, we should be on the up and up, by tomorrow! :D My Liege; I bear news!!! :laugh:

Yeah. Fukking head's thumping here. But, now? I'm having happy thoughts. Shit's moving, and in the Right direction! :good: Still got a fukking headache, mind you!

See ye tomorrow? :)

Yes I ment horned frogs ? 

Fruit flys,fcuk I been there when I was breeding chameleons but micro crickets do the job ,

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate , you f***ing need to get out more pal !! 

Make him know what could happen! 

Posted Images

Back! :D

Yeah, so: I was Really taken with that picture with the delicious, reedy grass in the foreground. Just Speaks of Bullfrogs, doesn't it?

WWW.TRAVEL-PICTURES-GALLERY.COM

Gambia pictures, Travel Pictures Gallery, Royalty Free Travel Stock Photography

Well, of course, it's discreetly water marked. Because it's someone's photo.

Now, I could have just down loaded it. Cropped out the bottom edge, losing the water mark. Blown it up and got it printed as is. Giving myself a rather sketchy copy, granted. But ..... ye know ...

Only, I just don't fukking operate like that :nono:

So, as ye can see from the above link, I burrowed through to the source. And I spoke to Willem Proos. Guy in Netherlands who actually went to the Gambia and took that photo! He sells his work. Same as they sell Him the airline tickets to get there.

Willem didn't actually see any Bullfrogs, whilst he was out there. Probably just not caught in they exact window when they appear. But, I showed him mine :D I also explained exactly what I was up to. How I'd settle for a lower quality, small copy. Knowing it would blow up as a bit grainy. But, hey .....

Well, emails were exchanged. Chat was had ..... Willem ~ absolute fukking Gentleman that he is! ~ has sent me a whacking great, pin sharp, completely professional copy of his work!!! :boogy: :clapper: :yahoo: :signthankspin:

I have it here, on this computer. And backed up on more fukking memory sticks than ye could shake a (memory?) stick at!

My Next mission is to find some way of getting it printed, on top quality photo paper, of course! Looking at about 18" x 10"? Absolutely No idea where to start. But, that sort of shit's never stopped me, in the past! :laugh:

One step closer then to having my Bullfrog the set up he deserves :yes:

• Like 2

Nice one Ken I had a feeling The Gambia might come up trumps I’ve visited twice and what I like about it is there’s a little bit of everything going on to see and do, and what a gent that Willem sounds.

I took this picture while I was out there while having a walk in a forest armed with some monkey nuts the ones in a shell and this little fellah rocked up.

D6DB531D-21A7-4270-9A71-6A262D346D7C.jpeg.862b38ad2e237c1d17b36b735850a389.jpeg

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2022 at 15:02, Ken's Deputy said:

45x30cm Photo Poster - Matt Finish on its fukking way, Mooch!!! I'm on a roll! :boogy:

Now; If that damn frog just doesn't impact and die on me! ?

Poster arrived, today! Fukking excellent work by Snapfish! It's a gorgeous reproduction and fits the tank to perfection!

Oh! And, having scoffed a fluff mouse, the other night? He delivered me this! Absolutely cracking shit! Just look at all the white fur visible in That bad boy! :D

1245767949_FroggedMouse.JPG.47260f8d57a634f8dc7458b7f10d358b.JPG

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Poster arrived, today! Fukking excellent work by Snapfish! It's a gorgeous reproduction and fits the tank to perfection!

Oh! And, having scoffed a fluff mouse, the other night? He delivered me this! Absolutely cracking shit! Just look at all the white fur visible in That bad boy! :D

Your a mad aul bastward...... world needs more of your ilk.... record breaking frog shizen? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, jackthelad said:

record breaking frog shizen? 

Nothing exceptional about it, Jack. That's just the point though! I've been feeding him slugs, as a rule. Producing nothing more than like an empty jelly fish in the water.

Odd mouse I'd given him just never seemed to reappear. Obviously, That's not right. I had to assume / hope and pray the filter was taking care of shit. Literally.

Gave him one the other day though ~ slugs have all died. But, that's another story. He produced That for me! :D That's what we'd expect!

Dunno. Is it possible that his younger, growing system was so geared to smashing every possible bit of growth goodness out of his food? Did he simply digest and absorb more of the previous mice?

Fukked it I know, mate. But, it's talking about it and sharing real life experiences that drives our knowledge forward. Some kunt has to put it on the internet, before ye can just run a search and behold.

He's about due another feed, any time now. I'll be watching for a repeat performance. Then I'll be a truly happy man :good:

Only fukk up in all this? It struck me straight away! Strong turds? Strong, new filtration system? In a ~ basically ~ 'locked in' set up ....? :hmm: How the Fukk am I going to A/ stop these going onto my filter intake? And B/ Get them out of his 'pond', without having to lift his entire 'land' out?! :icon_eek:

Never fukkin saw That one coming, did I?! All good shit though. Keeps the old gray matter active :laugh:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Seriously!!!!

I read your stuff mate, and wonder what it is truly like in your bubble, you seem pretty happy with it and that's the main thing... but measuring toad shit... and actually posting it like a trophy to be applauded!! ?

f**k me mate, kettles, hedges, chick peas, frogs and toads and now amphibian shite.... mental....?

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Seriously!!!!

I read your stuff mate, and wonder what it is truly like in your bubble, you seem pretty happy with it and that's the main thing... but measuring toad shit... and actually posting it like a trophy to be applauded!! ?

f**k me mate, kettles, hedges, chick peas, frogs and toads and now amphibian shite.... mental....?

Esoteric, mate, esoteric............?

Cheers.

• Haha 1