23 minutes ago, king said:

You are going in deep KD...

I do, mate. It's in my nature ?

Courier bloke was here, the other day. His dad keeps chickens 'n shit. When he saw my chicken box, he said; " Fukk me! Ye've done the work there! Ye could sleep in that yeself! "

That fukking thing's cost me hundreds too! (Fukking thing!) But, yeah. It is a proper job. And it too started like this. Me, agonising over every little detail. I was on here about it. Asking about screw thicknesses, ffs! :laugh:

Preparation and attention to detail :good:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate , you f***ing need to get out more pal !! 

Make him know what could happen! 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

It's a frog. I'm not.

Long as the water's clean, and of the right temperature? If he's fed right, and otherwise pretty much left in peace? Frog's happy. Frog couldn't give two shits.

I will be staring at his tank, for the rest of my days. Frog'll live in it. I have to live with it.

There's a saying: " Integrity is always doing what's right. Even when no one else will ever know. "

Frog won't know shit. No one else is ever likely to see this tank, who will know shit themselves. I don't know that much shit. But, I'm trying to find it out.

Either way; I'm doing my best. I will do my best. And, when I've done doing it? I'll sit here and stare at my best little representation of that frogs natural habitat. And I'll Know I've done the best I possibly could.

And I can live with that :yes:

Nice one ken

• Thanks 1

Here we are! Here's my friend, Piyo. Just Look at her toad tank, one minute in! It's fukking gorgeous!

Now, granted; They should be anathema, to me. Plaster toadstools and god knows what. I have a pathological hatred for plastic water bowls of any type too.

But, there's simply no denying, she's on a whole level of her own there, with her husbandry, as well as her artistic presentations. (Fukking Gorgeous toads too! :laugh:)

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I do, mate. It's in my nature ?

Courier bloke was here, the other day. His dad keeps chickens 'n shit. When he saw my chicken box, he said; " Fukk me! Ye've done the work there! Ye could sleep in that yeself! "

That fukking thing's cost me hundreds too! (Fukking thing!) But, yeah. It is a proper job. And it too started like this. Me, agonising over every little detail. I was on here about it. Asking about screw thicknesses, ffs! :laugh:

Preparation and attention to detail :good:

Once the dreaded screw thickness sets in..its time to put the kettle on and have a minute..

• Haha 1
On 13/09/2022 at 19:25, Ken's Deputy said:

Okay, lads. Nothing wrong with a bit of second opinion. I've searched DDG till my eyes have fukking bled. Guiding criteria has been No Niggers / animals. They tend to fukk shit up by not moving.

No man made shit. 'Bush hotel' buildings spoil everything too. As do bloody Watermarks! No good having " @ " dotted all over my scene :rolleyes:

Finally, being as these frogs tend to be around the margins of shallower, stiller water bodies? I like the 'from the waters edge' sort of perspective, if possible.

I've got two contenders. Both can just about hold their own when blown up 400 times ? This is where a 'real' digital photo would be the crippler. Couple of megs, as people tend to take these days.

But, here's my best shots, so far:

400.jpg.dc45bcc2be785ea90e66736551de42ca.jpg

And 2.

654306671_4001.jpg.7d171ddf652e590a752318f435e476f2.jpg

Anyone else?

The bottom picture looks more "froggy".

• Like 1

Agreed. It does, doesn't it. Just does.

Like, if I were to go looking for frogs? Dunno why but, I'd hold more hope of finding them in there.

I think it's because the water's 'messier'. It seems to have some 'algae' stuff in it. Looks shallower too.

Top one just looks like a 'pond'. Surprisingly seldom found frogs in such ponds.

I can't remember if I have wrote this on here (THL) before Ken but I used to collect newts, frogs and toads. Just the ones to be found locally in the wild. At 1st I would keep them together but stopped doing so after 1 day sitting watching them (as you do) and was horrified to see a largish frog snap up and "swallow" a newt. The newt's head and front legs reappeared a few times but eventually disappeared for good. 

The newts where probably Palmate and the frogs Common Frogs. I could be wrong, never looked them up in books. Wish I had. Ultimate predators frogs though, if something comes in range... eat it. Is it legitimate prey no matter how big it is?, yes if you can stop it getting back out of your mouth!

Edited by eastcoast
corrected "playmate" to Palmate
  • Like 1
On 13/09/2022 at 18:21, Ken's Deputy said:

That looks like a typical Ranidae, Mackster. Mine's some sort of Pyxicephalus. I say 'some sort'? How things have changed! :icon_eek:

Back in my day, we had the " African Bullfrog / Pyxicephalus adspursus. " That was ye lot. Knew where ye stood with one of them.

Now?! Shit's gone crazy! I'm yet to fathom out whether my one's an edulus. Or some fukking Tanzanian sort. Or What?! And I live with the fukking thing and look at it every day. Fukked if I know!

No matter. He's a great little frog. (Not so little any more!) Fukker just keeps changing, as he grows. Not an issue. I love him. Just be satisfying to know what the hell he is ?

Go on reptile forum and put some pics on amphibians page ,I'm sure you will find out what type he is ,what's he eating ? 

I've always liked dart frogs but some are very demanding to keep healthy .

9 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Go on reptile forum

RFUK? Banned, mate. Long ago.

Eating? 90% slugs. Gets a frozen 8-10g fluff once in a blue moon. I'm just not happy with his shitting, yet.

Last one used to devour full grown's. Then shit like a Dog, few days later. Think I've seen this one pass a proper pellet about once now. Found the skull, that time. Now? Just not seeing that fur.

All appetites seem normal though. Growing nicely. Dunno .....

Dendrobates? Back in my day, they were things of mystery and legend. Think Staniszewski cracked the genome there. His work with mantellas. Now ....?

Must say, I'm really rather all round fukking blown away at much of what I see, today. No internet, in my time. We spread information by word of mouth. Writing letters and putting them in the post box to each other. Found shit out by doing it.

Now? They say there's five or six forms of pyxicephalus, and counting?! :icon_eek: Jesus fukking christ!!!

Still searching for That photo .....