Anyone going there?  @mackem? (@gnasher16? :laugh:) Anyone been, and got loads of photo's?

Only, I need a photo of a water body. Searched DDG for shit like " Serengeti ", " Masai Mara " and " Watering hole ". All tend to have fukking great elephants, or crocodiles eating wildebeest in them though. I don't really want crocodiles. (Granted; Half the fukking photo's Mack takes Do tend to have Crocs in them :rolleyes:)

I want it for a background, see? My bullfrogs new tank. Seen it done. Looks the absolute bollox! I want to have a go. Need a photo file though ?

• Like 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate , you f***ing need to get out more pal !! 

Make him know what could happen! 

Posted Images

That looks like a typical Ranidae, Mackster. Mine's some sort of Pyxicephalus. I say 'some sort'? How things have changed! :icon_eek:

Back in my day, we had the " African Bullfrog / Pyxicephalus adspursus. " That was ye lot. Knew where ye stood with one of them.

Now?! Shit's gone crazy! I'm yet to fathom out whether my one's an edulus. Or some fukking Tanzanian sort. Or What?! And I live with the fukking thing and look at it every day. Fukked if I know!

No matter. He's a great little frog. (Not so little any more!) Fukker just keeps changing, as he grows. Not an issue. I love him. Just be satisfying to know what the hell he is ?

Check out images for The Gambia River mainly birds, Hippos when you go right inland, lammin lodge is a good place for a boat trip through the mangroves.

I visited a place you would have loved an open bar what I mean by that no roof and hairy frogs wandering around the place they looked like they had a hitler comb over ?

Africas a good place to visit but you’ve gotta be prepared for the poverty and constant harassment to get a few quid off you it can be relentless. 

• Like 2

Okay, lads. Nothing wrong with a bit of second opinion. I've searched DDG till my eyes have fukking bled. Guiding criteria has been No Niggers / animals. They tend to fukk shit up by not moving.

No man made shit. 'Bush hotel' buildings spoil everything too. As do bloody Watermarks! No good having " @ " dotted all over my scene :rolleyes:

Finally, being as these frogs tend to be around the margins of shallower, stiller water bodies? I like the 'from the waters edge' sort of perspective, if possible.

I've got two contenders. Both can just about hold their own when blown up 400 times ? This is where a 'real' digital photo would be the crippler. Couple of megs, as people tend to take these days.

But, here's my best shots, so far:

400.jpg.dc45bcc2be785ea90e66736551de42ca.jpg

And 2.

654306671_4001.jpg.7d171ddf652e590a752318f435e476f2.jpg

Anyone else?

20 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I like the 1st one better reflection’s

Yeah. My only problem with that one, mate ~ now I've had time to reflect myself? Dunno. It actually looks a bit 'sterile', I think. Lifeless.

Maybe its the dark and rather sombre tones of it, over all? There's just no Vibrancy to it ?

My second one? I feel there could be a breeze, in that picture. That those grasses / rushes might Move a little.

It also has far more colour to it. Bit of variety for the eye.

Now, ye Masham shot there? I actually considered, then discarded a rather similar shot, earlier. Africa, apparently. But, whilst it had much else of what I was half consciously looking for? Just like your own shot there; No palm or acacia trees. It could as well have been taken in Oxfordshire.

Dunno. I've never set foot in Africa. Come to that? As already touched on; I really have no idea exactly what sort of frog this fukker is. So, he may come from a part of that vast place that has quite distinctive shit about it. Colour of the earth, eg.

I'm a fukker for details, see? I've seen one set up ~ the one that's inspired me. It's not a bad effort at all. But, I'd like to do better in my own little eighteen square inches of the dark continent ;)

It's fun. Shit like this.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s a Fcuking frog

It's a frog. I'm not.

Long as the water's clean, and of the right temperature? If he's fed right, and otherwise pretty much left in peace? Frog's happy. Frog couldn't give two shits.

I will be staring at his tank, for the rest of my days. Frog'll live in it. I have to live with it.

There's a saying: " Integrity is always doing what's right. Even when no one else will ever know. "

Frog won't know shit. No one else is ever likely to see this tank, who will know shit themselves. I don't know that much shit. But, I'm trying to find it out.

Either way; I'm doing my best. I will do my best. And, when I've done doing it? I'll sit here and stare at my best little representation of that frogs natural habitat. And I'll Know I've done the best I possibly could.

And I can live with that :yes:

• Like 2