Brutish passport

I think the bit that winds me up the most is that they can come here and get all of the free shit without having paid anything in.

........ that's our money - we all earned that. We contributed to the standards in this country.  Not them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I think the bit that winds me up the most is that they can come here and get all of the free shit without having paid anything in.

........ that's our money - we all earned that. We contributed to the standards in this country.  Not them.

It's one thing that winds me up no end I was talking to an old mate recently who has just reached state pension age when he left school he went down the pit up to it closing in 1994 he had a couple of months off after getting his redundancy before getting a job at Sheffield forge masters were he had to retire a couple of year's back due to ill health. He has been told his state pension will be less than the full amount due to him not signing on for his stamp in-between the only two job's he has had all his working life.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

It's one thing that winds me up no end I was talking to an old mate recently who has just reached state pension age when he left school he went down the pit up to it closing in 1994 he had a couple of months off after getting his redundancy before getting a job at Sheffield forge masters were he had to retire a couple of year's back due to ill health. He has been told his state pension will be less than the full amount due to him not signing on for his stamp in-between the only two job's he has had all his working life.

It takes the piss mate - they treat the spongers better than our old folk.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I dont think the pole is telling the full story, did he say to whom the £1100 was paid?? Sounds more like inside deals are being done on the black market

A "Real" counterfeit brit passport costs more than that, sounds more like it's done through legit channels to be honest, if you already have ILR it's £1300? To apply for citizenship, maybe that's what they did? 

On 12/09/2022 at 17:45, chartpolski said:

I think the Polish lad may not be telling the full story, unless he is also a British passport holder.

My wife's cousin is here and trying to get residency for his wife who has a Cypriot/EU passport. They've been married over ten years, have property here and healthy bank accounts.

She is being made to jump through hoops, every step; the language test, the Britishness test, the biometric checks all have varying costs from £300 to £500. 

Shes finally, after almost a year, been given a NI number and a visa allowing her to live and work here for two years, after the two years she can apply for right of residence, then after another five years she can apply for citizenship and a passport.

So, it's not as easy as paying £1100 and getting a passport ?

Cheers.

As soon as my passport actually arrives, I’m applying for Spanish dual nationality. Pretty much same thing, language tests, have to have lived here for 10 years etc. I already have permanent residency. It’s just an obvious next step for me.

• Like 1

My daughter in law is Saudi, her late husband, ( my son), was British. Her son, ( my grandson), is british.

I had an informal meeting with an immigration lawyer to tentatively explore the possibility of her getting British citizenship and passport.

He said it was 100% certain, but she'd have to go through all the formalities and costs and would take 5 to 7 years untill she got the passport.

He said, half jokingly, if she just came here and claimed asylum under the Human Rights Act, Right To A family Life, she would be accepted almost immediately, it would cost her nothing and she would be housed and recieve benefits !!

She has no interest in permanently residing here, she's happy where she is but loves to visit here. The British embassy in saudi gave her a ten year visit visa, at the cost of £1,000 !!!

The system isn't fair to those who try to do it correctly, but bends over backwards to help bogus asylum seekers and illegal immigrants.

Cheers.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

My daughter in law is Saudi, her late husband, ( my son), was British. Her son, ( my grandson), is british.

I had an informal meeting with an immigration lawyer to tentatively explore the possibility of her getting British citizenship and passport.

He said it was 100% certain, but she'd have to go through all the formalities and costs and would take 5 to 7 years untill she got the passport.

He said, half jokingly, if she just came here and claimed asylum under the Human Rights Act, Right To A family Life, she would be accepted almost immediately, it would cost her nothing and she would be housed and recieve benefits !!

She has no interest in permanently residing here, she's happy where she is but loves to visit here. The British embassy in saudi gave her a ten year visit visa, at the cost of £1,000 !!!

The system isn't fair to those who try to do it correctly, but bends over backwards to help bogus asylum seekers and illegal immigrants.

Cheers.

I’ve a mate here who is natively from Gambia, he was born here in Cataluña but his father having a good job moved around (cnut speaks British like an aristo lol). Now he’s living here again and for the last 2 years he’s been properly fuucked about with his residency. The national police say he’s a Spanish citizen, the office that issues citizenship says he’s not. The courts are confused and he’s spent 1000’s on this. So it’s not as easy here neither mate. Yet come as an illegal and no problem ? 

The system is fuucked!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mushroom said:

As soon as my passport actually arrives, I’m applying for Spanish dual nationality. Pretty much same thing, language tests, have to have lived here for 10 years etc. I already have permanent residency. It’s just an obvious next step for me.

You staying there for good mush?