The working Russell

the thread is about russells which over the last twenty years even longer than that have been used as a dog for all quarry less and less, they are a far cry from the cork or deep south of irelands white terrier which i admire and are the equal of any terrier of any colour,btw a good dog cant be a bad colour.

• Like 6

On 13/09/2022 at 08:58, big sid said:

the thread is about russells which over the last twenty years even longer than that have been used as a dog for all quarry less and less, they are a far cry from the cork or deep south of irelands white terrier which i admire and are the equal of any terrier of any colour,btw a good dog cant be a bad colour.

What happened to the bitch you were gifted.. pm if preferred? Any good?  2 brindle pups went to Scotland the same weekend of yours the 2 brothers who took them back were over in westmeath at a show and took 3 back I assume from previous picturesyou have posted it was the same pup. one brindle was dug out deceased on his 3 or 4th dig the week before I went to Scotland....and I dug his litter brother on his first dig when I was over. The Russell's  that I got from England were OK dogs... but not in the same league as the Cork stuff.

Edited by stop.end
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, dillydog said:

Plenty of steady working coloured terriers, sadly plenty more rough and tumble,  same with any terrier, you can only piss with the dick you've got 

I enjoy working  ALL terriers of any colour or breed... I can even remember being out quite often with working fox terriers very early 90s... and they got fired work... but I'm not knocking any terriers... even a fair few Cork terriers don't make it ?...

• Like 5
3 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Have u got any better pics of him ? What height is he ? To be honest I wouldn’t have another terrier when this one goes but if I did it would just be a bolter and one that would come out after 5 mins and only go to fox ?‍♂️ Big ask but that’s the only type I’d want now 

I will sort some mate but he is 15” and only good for bigger tubes, that is why I will always have the smaller type as well and I ain’t colour blind sticking to one type is all I will say 

12 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Have u got any better pics of him ? What height is he ? To be honest I wouldn’t have another terrier when this one goes but if I did it would just be a bolter and one that would come out after 5 mins and only go to fox ?‍♂️ Big ask but that’s the only type I’d want now 

Get a good  bitch and you can use him at stud free if you need some different blood but big things like him aren’t the best at times

On 16/09/2022 at 22:22, stop.end said:

I enjoy working  ALL terriers of any colour or breed... I can even remember being out quite often with working fox terriers very early 90s... and they got fired work... but I'm not knocking any terriers... even a fair few Cork terriers don't make it ?...

Exactly mate,sometimes ya had to take what ya could get, so all were appreciated in out group