Deer whacking thread

19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Our trip up to sika land in the borders was hard ,very hard .The buggers  just don’t show unless they are doing Mach 10 across the rides .Called a stag but was scuppered by a walker .Shot a roe buck in  Cumbria on the way back down to Englandshire .

F948860D-1E0F-410E-A82E-B7FF3EBAA0AE.jpeg
Blooded the new 30-06 anyway .

Sika arent hard it's just you southern stalkers are shit ???

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe some people don’t want to post continuously about what they shoot. Doesn’t mean they don’t “do a bit” 

Was out before dawn this morning as the roe are out of control and the wethers cool enough for the meat not to go manky.. few of the old boys I know ain’t too good at the moment so I’ve filled there f

Was out for a munty last night and within 10 mins found this guy holding 3 hinds with a calf each. Shit pic, but he was tearing up the field, head back with his lip curling. Let out the odd roar.

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Sika arent hard it's just you southern stalkers are shit ???

Might be something in that mate but I tried everything .Calling ,snapping branches and splashing water at scrapes and wallows , only managing to call hinds .He’s got an out of season license on the ground but I wanted a stag .Called another stag to the edge  of the forestry only to see a walker spoil the hunt .

Could of shot a roe doe on the ride but as you know I’ve had my fill of them .We will be back next year with a new plan .

C6495C96-7C52-4A49-A33C-E7768F25F54E.jpeg

9862419B-EEEA-4D96-BC10-97183A233ADD.jpeg

49BEDF26-4355-4797-A8F4-F930B914418E.jpeg

AB14C688-E37F-43F0-860B-3AE21AA285F6.jpeg

AE97D047-2108-4718-BB60-6ACC9E1307B6.jpeg

Just now, foxdropper said:

Might be something in that mate but I tried everything .Calling ,snapping branches and splashing water at scrapes and wallows , only managing to call hinds .He’s got an out of season license on the ground but I wanted a stag .Called another stag to the edge  of the forestry only to see a walker spoil the hunt .

Could of shot a roe doe on the ride but as you know I’ve had my fill of them .We will be back next year with a new plan .

C6495C96-7C52-4A49-A33C-E7768F25F54E.jpeg

9862419B-EEEA-4D96-BC10-97183A233ADD.jpeg

49BEDF26-4355-4797-A8F4-F930B914418E.jpeg

AB14C688-E37F-43F0-860B-3AE21AA285F6.jpeg

AE97D047-2108-4718-BB60-6ACC9E1307B6.jpeg

Just kidding mate .

I know how difficult they can be in forestry , best plan is to just sit and wait in likely looking areas. 

20 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Just kidding mate .

I know how difficult they can be in forestry , best plan is to just sit and wait in likely looking areas. 

I did a day in a seat mate ,bored silly until a goshawk put in an appearance .The only time they break cover cover there is to get into the next block of forestry and they don’t hang around in doing so .We saw maybe 15 hinds and a stag cross at Mach 10 from waiting up places .

My style is to go looking for sign and try and get a response at wallows etc .

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

The dogs are eating better than us!

Starving folk everywhere and you can't give it away.

Twisted world.

On 30/09/2022 at 10:54, FOXHUNTER said:

Couldn't give a toss about others less fortunate , look after number one .

Country would be better off with a mass cull of these losers ?

???

• Like 1

Was out for a munty last night and within 10 mins found this guy holding 3 hinds with a calf each. Shit pic, but he was tearing up the field, head back with his lip curling. Let out the odd roar.

I looked around for a lesser stag but couldn’t see one. Unfortunately the only reds I’ve ever had a chance on have all been master stags and so far I’ve refused to kill them…

80432CD2-E132-428D-BA1B-ABE5AAEA23EA.jpeg.1f004605c9b48248bacad1d6605a7906.jpeg

I did see something I’ve never witnessed or heard of before. I watched a munty literally chase a fox for two fields, before I lost sight. Came out the same paddock as the stag. Couldn’t have been more than five yards behind the fox the whole time. Almost like a slow motion course.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Fair play 

a magnificent beast is some times better to watch than pull the trigger 

some on here will disagree totally 

I’m sure they will be along shortly 

atb 

In places that are hooching with stuff I wouldn’t be bothered and would likely be boiling his head out today.

Just seemed wrong.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, David.evans said:

Fair play 

a magnificent beast is some times better to watch than pull the trigger 

some on here will disagree totally 

I’m sure they will be along shortly 

atb 

I would have levelled him ?

This is why the deer population in the UK is at its highest ever because too many people have permissions with deer on yet dont cull the numbers.

It's only a deer ffs ....get him grassed ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I would have levelled him ?

This is why the deer population in the UK is at its highest ever because too many people have permissions with deer on yet dont cull the numbers.

It's only a deer ffs ....get him grassed ?

Absolute nonsense. You don’t control deer populations by killing dominant males. Real control is done in the winter months fella. 

• Like 1
Just now, Born Hunter said:

Absolute nonsense. You don’t control deer populations by killing dominant males. Real control is done in the winter months fella. 

Yes we all know that the key to population control is to hit the females but why leave males too .

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yes we all know that the key to population control is to hit the females but why leave males too .

Because killing it would do absolutely nothing for control but probably weaken the quality of what is only a small population, and produce no meat of value.

I’d have a fantastic head sitting in peroxide right now, which I’ve wanted for some time. But he wasn’t the one, not this time at least.

On other land, I’ve took plenty of heads. But it is just that, taking a trophy. Any other reason is just an excuse.

Took a muntjac doe off the same place tonight. That’s actual meaningful control.

• Like 4