Deer whacking thread

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe some people don’t want to post continuously about what they shoot. Doesn’t mean they don’t “do a bit” 

Was out before dawn this morning as the roe are out of control and the wethers cool enough for the meat not to go manky.. few of the old boys I know ain’t too good at the moment so I’ve filled there f

Was out for a munty last night and within 10 mins found this guy holding 3 hinds with a calf each. Shit pic, but he was tearing up the field, head back with his lip curling. Let out the odd roar.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You missed the most important point FD ....he said there are no fallow present ?

Yes Mark I read that bit ,over and over again but you know what these townies are like .One deer looks like another ,all the males are stags and females does .

SD still has the smoke from the last muzzle explosion in his eyes so I’ll not be too harsh on him ??

90BF005C-C325-44BB-8B89-2FB609FADCA2.jpeg.8674e3c9025d843a2788de7d5492e735.jpegJust for you SD .

• Haha 1
Just now, foxdropper said:

Yes Mark I read that bit ,over and over again but you know what these townies are like .One deer looks like another ,all the males are stags and females does .

SD still has the smoke from the last muzzle explosion in his eyes so I’ll not be too harsh on him ??

90BF005C-C325-44BB-8B89-2FB609FADCA2.jpeg.8674e3c9025d843a2788de7d5492e735.jpegJust for you SD .

Stop winding him up ??

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I’ve got a lot of crazy stories about that kind of carry on from my younger days, stud in the middle of a road poking a purple dragon in the belly while it giggled and been chased out of a house by a angry can of coke ? maybe this isn’t the place to go into such nonsense ?

I'm out of likes but I know what you mean! I got in some right tangles. Always PYO but then I met a lad who bought spores & grew them, philosopher stones....whoa! ???????️ probably explains alot!! 

• Haha 3

Out yesterday evening with a client .Went to an area I know very well and knew there was a few decent bucks about .A rep head was the order of the outing ,nothing bigger .Might seem easy to some but specific requirements are often hard to meet given it’s just an evenings stalk .

Beautiful evening here in Wiltshire with glorious sun set .The land here all slopes towards the river Avon .Stalking along the top fields i glassed a lone roe on the flood plain.
It was still at a good range ,roughly 800 m I’d say .My first attempt at a stalk was scuppered by cattle in the field that stampeded sounding like a herd of buffalo on the dry ground so back tracked to take the open route in plain view along a hedge .Made ground fast until we had to walk over dead willow leaves dropped during the drought .Sounded so loud no matter how slowly we walked .Got past that and to within 170 m at which I set his sticks up and client steps forward .A doe then ran out of the hedge to join the buck and a bit of jumping and head rubbing ensued until they settled to feed .The buck obliged by turning broadside and the 25-06 did the job perfectly .

One very happy client and guide ?

58DC483E-04D0-4B56-84E8-85985F51C575.jpeg

4A9C8512-0DD7-49E8-847B-314C18C3E2CD.jpeg

• Like 4

Was out on fox’s last night… looked like a deer rave in one field!

steal the cobs and drag them onto stubble for party time… must of been 20 roe in this one

D7B04EE6-042A-4C91-8A32-ADE63C68ECE9.jpeg.3831f937026de1fc54f2630625a94e56.jpegE54C9144-F8AC-4048-B53E-D1CCFC8FCB4C.jpeg.ef70fb533ac84e399dc6de3e9d306e14.jpeg
set me alarm for 5.30 this morning, been a rough week n thought fcuk it and went back to kip!

gonna have to dedicate some proper time to this problem as gates are gettin ripped Off and the numbers are out of control:(

• Like 5