Deer whacking thread

34 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

No jackalope either ?

They are very elusive, rumour has it that the dog lads almost wiped them out in the late 80’s to mid 90’s, I start to see a few from around the beginning of autumn, mainly in fields where I pick and eat these small mushrooms, maybe the jackalope like them too ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe some people don’t want to post continuously about what they shoot. Doesn’t mean they don’t “do a bit” 

Was out before dawn this morning as the roe are out of control and the wethers cool enough for the meat not to go manky.. few of the old boys I know ain’t too good at the moment so I’ve filled there f

Was out for a munty last night and within 10 mins found this guy holding 3 hinds with a calf each. Shit pic, but he was tearing up the field, head back with his lip curling. Let out the odd roar.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Stavross said:

They are very elusive, rumour has it that the dog lads almost wiped them out in the late 80’s to mid 90’s, I start to see a few from around the beginning of autumn, mainly in fields where I pick and eat these small mushrooms, maybe the jackalope like them too ?

Easy pickings for dogs, they get stuck in the hedge when run 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, Stavross said:

They usually fray  on those toadstools . 

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, Stavross said:

Me eldest daughter was grilling me last night while out with the dog about mushroom hotspots round here as I was a fcuker when I was younger!

kids think it hilarious that I use to drop me brothers off in middle of nowhere with carrier bags when they were at school?

they got paid well?

• Haha 5
29 minutes ago, si brown said:

Me eldest daughter was grilling me last night while out with the dog about mushroom hotspots round here as I was a fcuker when I was younger!

kids think it hilarious that I use to drop me brothers off in middle of nowhere with carrier bags when they were at school?

they got paid well?

I’ve got a lot of crazy stories about that kind of carry on from my younger days, stud in the middle of a road poking a purple dragon in the belly while it giggled and been chased out of a house by a angry can of coke ? maybe this isn’t the place to go into such nonsense ?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve got a lot of crazy stories about that kind of carry on from my younger days, stud in the middle of a road poking a purple dragon in the belly while it giggled and been chased out of a house by a angry can of coke ? maybe this isn’t the place to go into such nonsense ?

? crazy days ?

have to start a nutcase section!

11 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You are wrong Tim ,why do you think roe are the foresters enemy?

You only have field roe where you are and that is why you mostly see them thrashing hedgerows but if you look carefully you will find saplings frayed ?

Here you go ...this is what I find all the time.

download.jpeg.jpg

He’s just scratching an itch Mark .You want bark off like SD pic then look at fallow thrashing .

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I popped up there earlier and put up a trail cam at my own expense .Here’s what’s came back to my phone .

D72A7ABB-303F-434F-A3B0-56F69CBA1ADF.jpeg.c7c9f2f610a39abe49cd0010bfd621a2.jpeg
Looks like a fallow antler to me ??

If you think that is fallow antler I recommend Boots optometrist.

Might help with the reading also!

• Haha 1