Nuts

8 minutes ago, TOMO said:

trt...replacement therapy should be done weekly...if not twice weekly...so as you point out the balance is kept....some trt...is done through a cream ...but most men who have used trt...think the injection is better

It's been a while for him now and he's got used to the balancing act, a lifetime of jabs is not something Id like the idea of! 

The operation itself was brutal from his explanation (in through the lower abdomen and in his words "like pulling a snooker ball through a hose pipe" ?) and the bruising of his tackle was astounding, I've never seen anything so badly bruised and if you didn't know, there was now way you could tell his peanuts were gone! 

But the point being, his hormonal changes were drastic and somehow we just dismiss that side of it in dogs, believing we are doing the best thing for the dog?? When really you're just clutching at straws for a solution to a problem that was probably created by a lack of understanding. 

No offense intended to original poster, by last scentence?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Personally, I WANT a working dog to think he is the main man,...a Male canine needs to , 'have some balls'...? Your mission,... should you choose to accept it, is to school the tyke (and whilst

It's only a stage he's got to go through. Grit your teeth and try to engage him in meaningful pursuits. Castration is, in my opinion, not a cure all, and long term it won't do his body any good at all

the mates wife’s a vet and when they met he had a big hairy Lurcher wanting shag everything fight everything and kill everything so they took the poor buggers nuts off him...... and that lurcher was a

Posted Images

22 hours ago, OldPhil said:

? Personally, I WANT a working dog to think he is the main man,...a Male canine needs to , 'have some balls'...?

Your mission,... should you choose to accept it, is to school the tyke (and whilst still retaining his youthful vigour),.. let him know in no uncertain terms, that YOUR balls are much bigger than his....

You are the Boss.?

Admittedly, some Alfa male canines can be a pain,.. but when ya do get a good'un,...its frequently a real powerhouse hunting machine...?

Spot on Phil?

21 hours ago, bird said:

It's 1st time, I've heard a woman owner of male dogs say the above  penny. Norm the women I've met who got male dogs, seem to want to castrate them  as soon as the dog 9 months old. I actually got in a big argument with 3 women on my dog walk. The both had male afghan hounds, they had them on the leads, the one had  restrict type thing  on the dog muzzle, prob stop pulling etc. Anyway I had Buck loose he no prob with people or dogs, he friendly type dog, not a fighter, walk round the corner and they were, Buck went to them, they both tried to grab him, he  moved back stood still by me. They started to give all the  crap  dogs got to be on a lead, well I said your right,  I slip his lead on if you want, but he won't go anywhere near your dogs. He not dog aggressive, he just stood by me, no lead  he didn't go by them. One woman he  should be done,  castrated a big male dog like  that,  I said what a load of crap, I've lots of male dogs, a d never had them done, if they play up, I come down on them, and let them know I am the boss, not fookin them. OK if  couldn't train them, and they were totally aggressive and want shag anything that moverd, maybe I might think about as last resort. I think good vet norm only castrate if one of they balls, don't drop down like the other, as it can lead to cancer., then they do the Op, but only then.  Yeh some women, shouldn't  keep a gold fish, never mind keep  healthy strong male dog.!

Wanna watch bumping into Roudy woman in the fields like that ray they might have there way wi yah

On 12/09/2022 at 08:39, Dennis up said:

It's been a while for him now and he's got used to the balancing act, a lifetime of jabs is not something Id like the idea of! 

The operation itself was brutal from his explanation (in through the lower abdomen and in his words "like pulling a snooker ball through a hose pipe" ?) and the bruising of his tackle was astounding, I've never seen anything so badly bruised and if you didn't know, there was now way you could tell his peanuts were gone! 

But the point being, his hormonal changes were drastic and somehow we just dismiss that side of it in dogs, believing we are doing the best thing for the dog?? When really you're just clutching at straws for a solution to a problem that was probably created by a lack of understanding. 

None taken ?

i castrated my terrier last year and regret it. Very difficult / near impossible to get him looking well hes gone dumpy, fed the same as ever and does more exercise now than ever along side the bike with the lurcher, walked couple hours a day etc. Hes still fit and able just cant get him to his best! My opinion.

• Like 1
On 12/09/2022 at 08:39, Dennis up said:

The surgery for testicular cancer is very different than that for neutering a dog.

5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

The surgery for testicular cancer is very different than that for neutering a dog.

I'm sure it is but that wasn't the point I was trying to make, it was more about the disregard for the disruption caused to hormone balance ?

The gruesome detail was just for dramatic effect 

• Haha 1
On 13/09/2022 at 21:16, Bosun11 said:

No point buying a dog for work if you want to castrate it at 13 months....

Some bloody good advice on this thread. Take heed or buy a cat...

I’ve got a cat , castrated …. And it brings home rabbits ….. serious question , are you saying a castrated dog can’t catch a rabbit ? ,,,,, he’s not for work unless he can paint and hang wallpaper I’m a decorator …. 

34 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

I’ve got a cat , castrated …. And it brings home rabbits ….. serious question , are you saying a castrated dog can’t catch a rabbit ? ,,,,, he’s not for work unless he can paint and hang wallpaper I’m a decorator …. 

Well your not having him done and that's then on it ,be told dad