Nuts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Personally, I WANT a working dog to think he is the main man,...a Male canine needs to , 'have some balls'...? Your mission,... should you choose to accept it, is to school the tyke (and whilst

It's only a stage he's got to go through. Grit your teeth and try to engage him in meaningful pursuits. Castration is, in my opinion, not a cure all, and long term it won't do his body any good at all

the mates wife’s a vet and when they met he had a big hairy Lurcher wanting shag everything fight everything and kill everything so they took the poor buggers nuts off him...... and that lurcher was a

Posted Images

9 hours ago, skycat said:

It's only a stage he's got to go through. Grit your teeth and try to engage him in meaningful pursuits. Castration is, in my opinion, not a cure all, and long term it won't do his body any good at all: weaker bones, muscles etc. The teenage stage can be a pain in the butt, but it will pass eventually. Just be firm, fair and get him on side with you by working and exercising him hard. Never had any dog castrated, despite living with entire bitches. Of course they need to be separated when a bitch is on heat, but once they realise that they must bow down to you as pack leader they tend to accept their situation in life. 

Of course, if you have spoiled him rotten, been too lenient throughout his life, now is the time when he is testing his limits, seeing where he fits in the pack, and you need to set those limits, make rules, if you haven't already ( and if not why not?) Dogs are social creatures, and most, not all, want to fit in with the people and other dogs around them. But there has to be a learning process, and it can be painful, for the owner. Yes, some things do depend on the individual dog, and there are some who are real pains and won't accept their place in life or have the sort of temperament that means they get off on winding everyone up. But I'd only recommend castration as a last resort. 

As well as training /exercise , as he has a passion for playing tug ?Ive Been trying to vent his frustration through a toy tied to a 12 mm thick  bungee cord attached to a washing line pole and wall bracket , he bent the pole and removed it from the ground , bent the bracket and snapped two bungee cords within a  hr …… he ain’t the calmest on the block ?‍♂️  

10 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

As well as training /exercise , as he has a passion for playing tug ?Ive Been trying to vent his frustration through a toy tied to a 12 mm thick  bungee cord attached to a washing line pole and wall bracket , he bent the pole and removed it from the ground , bent the bracket and snapped two bungee cords within a  hr …… he ain’t the calmest on the block ?‍♂️  

He be right once u get him working dad 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, skycat said:

It's only a stage he's got to go through. Grit your teeth and try to engage him in meaningful pursuits. Castration is, in my opinion, not a cure all, and long term it won't do his body any good at all: weaker bones, muscles etc. The teenage stage can be a pain in the butt, but it will pass eventually. Just be firm, fair and get him on side with you by working and exercising him hard. Never had any dog castrated, despite living with entire bitches. Of course they need to be separated when a bitch is on heat, but once they realise that they must bow down to you as pack leader they tend to accept their situation in life. 

Of course, if you have spoiled him rotten, been too lenient throughout his life, now is the time when he is testing his limits, seeing where he fits in the pack, and you need to set those limits, make rules, if you haven't already ( and if not why not?) Dogs are social creatures, and most, not all, want to fit in with the people and other dogs around them. But there has to be a learning process, and it can be painful, for the owner. Yes, some things do depend on the individual dog, and there are some who are real pains and won't accept their place in life or have the sort of temperament that means they get off on winding everyone up. But I'd only recommend castration as a last resort. 

It's 1st time, I've heard a woman owner of male dogs say the above  penny. Norm the women I've met who got male dogs, seem to want to castrate them  as soon as the dog 9 months old. I actually got in a big argument with 3 women on my dog walk. The both had male afghan hounds, they had them on the leads, the one had  restrict type thing  on the dog muzzle, prob stop pulling etc. Anyway I had Buck loose he no prob with people or dogs, he friendly type dog, not a fighter, walk round the corner and they were, Buck went to them, they both tried to grab him, he  moved back stood still by me. They started to give all the  crap  dogs got to be on a lead, well I said your right,  I slip his lead on if you want, but he won't go anywhere near your dogs. He not dog aggressive, he just stood by me, no lead  he didn't go by them. One woman he  should be done,  castrated a big male dog like  that,  I said what a load of crap, I've lots of male dogs, a d never had them done, if they play up, I come down on them, and let them know I am the boss, not fookin them. OK if  couldn't train them, and they were totally aggressive and want shag anything that moverd, maybe I might think about as last resort. I think good vet norm only castrate if one of they balls, don't drop down like the other, as it can lead to cancer., then they do the Op, but only then.  Yeh some women, shouldn't  keep a gold fish, never mind keep  healthy strong male dog.!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bird said:

It's 1st time, I've heard a woman owner of male dogs say the above  penny. Norm the women I've met who got male dogs, seem to want to castrate them  as soon as the dog 9 months old. I actually got in a big argument with 3 women on my dog walk. The both had male afghan hounds, they had them on the leads, the one had  restrict type thing  on the dog muzzle, prob stop pulling etc. Anyway I had Buck loose he no prob with people or dogs, he friendly type dog, not a fighter, walk round the corner and they were, Buck went to them, they both tried to grab him, he  moved back stood still by me. They started to give all the  crap  dogs got to be on a lead, well I said your right,  I slip his lead on if you want, but he won't go anywhere near your dogs. He not dog aggressive, he just stood by me, no lead  he didn't go by them. One woman he  should be done,  castrated a big male dog like  that,  I said what a load of crap, I've lots of male dogs, a d never had them done, if they play up, I come down on them, and let them know I am the boss, not fookin them. OK if  couldn't train them, and they were totally aggressive and want shag anything that moverd, maybe I might think about as last resort. I think good vet norm only castrate if one of they balls, don't drop down like the other, as it can lead to cancer., then they do the Op, but only then.  Yeh some women, shouldn't  keep a gold fish, never mind keep  healthy strong male dog.!

? I've encountered this attitude from female dog owners several times and it's actually bloody worrying ?

• Haha 1

The de-sexing of both genders of dog is ill considered at best, its dismissed as a normal thing to do and even promoted by vets as future proofing for cancer. 

The hormonal changes are huge and just because the dog can't complain or convey how it feels, no thought is given to the lifetime effect of this "simple operation" 

You've only got to look at the impact of menopause, the imbalance of hormones can have a massive negative impact on the lives of those that suffer. I have a pal who has had both of his goose eggs removed (cancer at 35) and the poor bugger is a shell of a man, without the testosterone he's lethargic, miserable and has no drive of any sort. Every month He has an injection of the hormone now, at the start of the month he don't know whether to fight or f**k and by the end of it he's curled up in a corner sobbing. 

It's an absolute minefield and dog or bitch imo only ever as a very last resort. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Dennis up said:

The de-sexing of both genders of dog is ill considered at best, its dismissed as a normal thing to do and even promoted by vets as future proofing for cancer. 

The hormonal changes are huge and just because the dog can't complain or convey how it feels, no thought is given to the lifetime effect of this "simple operation" 

You've only got to look at the impact of menopause, the imbalance of hormones can have a massive negative impact on the lives of those that suffer. I have a pal who has had both of his goose eggs removed (cancer at 35) and the poor bugger is a shell of a man, without the testosterone he's lethargic, miserable and has no drive of any sort. Every month He has an injection of the hormone now, at the start of the month he don't know whether to fight or f**k and by the end of it he's curled up in a corner sobbing. 

It's an absolute minefield and dog or bitch imo only ever as a very last resort. 

trt...replacement therapy should be done weekly...if not twice weekly...so as you point out the balance is kept....some trt...is done through a cream ...but most men who have used trt...think the injection is better