German shepards

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the gundog lads had a family nearby who come for lessons, not farmers but had a small holding, few out buildingd and a shed with some collectable cars and a few gundogs.  They got a Neo th

Just go look at a few litters I thort I wanted a European shepherd but they was to much work for us ( family/ gaurd dog ) went to see some show line ones but they just looked terrible with slanty hips

No, out of looking after my money.  I'll leave you to this now that you have convinced yourself that you were right all along. Nobody else, but it is only you that matters. Classic Walt. I know I

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Griswald said:

I'm sorry mate, I don't like fat dogs, I like one that can put in a few mile.

Have you had the stannah stairlift fitted for your bully yet mate?

Just out of intreast mate, what do you prefer in the akita, the USA or the jap dogs, OK the USA look more of massive strong animal, but I should think the jap dog poss more healthy and functional. I always remember when I got my big dog as pup,  because he 1/2 gsd, I asked would he get HD like lot of gsds do. 2 vets told me wouldn't get it as bad as pure, because he hybrid. And they both said that when any dog get over 100lb in weight, your always going to get shoulder /hip probs, they bought thought, that lurchers in general were a very healthy type dogs, so suoppse if the guard as well  you doing well, my big wimp don't guard, he likes people to much lol, he the same with dogs friendly. 

1 minute ago, Griswald said:

Each to their own, they are probably off KC shit though? 

Doberman is an import I think, I’m not getting one just saying would rather one then an Akita. Is yours a pure? Looks like there’s something else in there compared to jigsaws? 

4 minutes ago, Griswald said:

He's a pure shagger, his sire was a big unit, some bone structure on it.

A GSD will do the job of guarding just fine, I personally think the Akita is a better looking dog and who doesn't like a fine looking canine. ?

He must of took after the dam then, 

would use an Akita as a police dog then rather then a gsd 

1 minute ago, Griswald said:

Thankfully I'm not a police officer so no.

They are nowhere near as obedient as a GSD and are more stubborn, the GSD is one of the most versatile breeds on earth, the proof is in the pudding isn't it.

Way back maybe some border collie or something similar might be in your dog to bring size down and make it leaner?

28 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Doberman is an import I think, I’m not getting one just saying would rather one then an Akita. Is yours a pure? Looks like there’s something else in there compared to jigsaws? 

Most of them Dobermans are scatty shitbags.And being an import means f**k all as most of them are just imported from peddlers in Eastern Europe

9 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Most of them Dobermans are scatty shitbags.And being an import means f**k all as most of them are just imported from peddlers in Eastern Europe

As are many of the security dogs classed as GSDs.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, downsouth said:

Yeah.Make me laugh how the phrases imported and Eastern European lines gets banded about like they're automatically gunna be something special.

We bought some from Hungary on a sale or return basis. That is how it was done and probably still is for all search dogs and GP dogs whether from a dealer, breeder, public or other force. So if a dog doesn't look like it will pass a course it goes back. Most of the Hungarian contingent went back.  

To be honest, if the KC hadn't ruined the working GSD lines we and other services wouldn't have had to resort to inferior breeds. In 2007 I brought 8 GSD's and 3 spaniels in from donations and rescue centres at a total cost of £90. All made it into service. We also brought 3 Hungarian dogs in at £3750 each and they all went back. Of the few that we did buy and keep that passed a course some were binned in their first two years. That meant no money back. 

That is why they resorted to setting up a breeding program despite reservations from some who had bothered to research the issue. It was a failure from the start. The biggest single issue that was obvious to some of us from the start was the reason it failed. A very costly failure too. But someone got promoted on the back of its perceived succes (hand fed press releases) and managed to leave the mess behind.

• Like 1