German shepards

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the gundog lads had a family nearby who come for lessons, not farmers but had a small holding, few out buildingd and a shed with some collectable cars and a few gundogs.  They got a Neo th

Just go look at a few litters I thort I wanted a European shepherd but they was to much work for us ( family/ gaurd dog ) went to see some show line ones but they just looked terrible with slanty hips

No, out of looking after my money.  I'll leave you to this now that you have convinced yourself that you were right all along. Nobody else, but it is only you that matters. Classic Walt. I know I

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Griswald said:

Anyway back on topic, why a German Shepherd @Blackmag, your black lab should do the trick of being a guard dog surely?

She barks buddy and is a decent guard but the council have banged loads of half way houses and immigrants round us Mrs said she would feel better with one as she's had them in the past and knows they would have chew if anyone's about  but my lad as taken my bull x and terrier who would do the guarding but I'm due to be working away and I would like peace of mind but I think the labs enough 

2 minutes ago, Griswald said:

What's wrong with the black lab fella?

Nothing she's by far the cleverest and sharpest dog i have ever owned and doing everything I want she's a level above what I have had before hence getting professional advice in her training 

8 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Nothing she's by far the cleverest and sharpest dog i have ever owned and doing everything I want she's a level above what I have had before hence getting professional advice in her training 

The late Queen insisted on having labs rather than GSDs as security dogs around the palace. Also, we had more handlers hospitalised by their labs than their GSDs. Usually it involved taking food off them ?

• Like 1

Some studies show the lab as being the breed most likely to bite in the UK. But it's complicated because the lab is apparently the most popular choice of breed in the UK. 

Anecdotally, I can't see the point of a Akita or a husky, or any dog which just exists to do its own thing. You just end up a slave, picking up shit, grooming and paying out for no reward. For me the whole point of a dog is that it works with you, not against you. I think some personality types just like being slaves to their dogs.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Some studies show the lab as being the breed most likely to bite in the UK. But it's complicated because the lab is apparently the most popular choice of breed in the UK. 

Anecdotally, I can't see the point of a Akita or a husky, or any dog which just exists to do its own thing. You just end up a slave, picking up shit, grooming and paying out for no reward. For me the whole point of a dog is that it works with you, not against you. I think some personality types just like being slaves to their dogs.

Its also an image thing. Big dog, little pr1ck sort of thing.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Personally I couldn't give a shite what wins in a fight because any dog I couldn't trust with others as a one way ticket regardless how good it is 

Exactly.A GSD isn't a fighting breed and An Akita aint gunna beat any proper fighting breed worth its salt.Bit of a pointless argument really.Bit like arguing over who'd win a boxing match out of a footballer and A judo player

• Like 1