German shepards

2 hours ago, Griswald said:

If that's the case then you'll be able to tell me who my old man got his German Shepherd pup off in the mid 80's, he was from Hatfield, Doncaster.

You'll also be able to explain to me how a soft as a brush akita can cause a shit load of damage to other dogs as big as itself and bigger in a matter of seconds.

You're mistaking human aggression for dog aggression, non of our akitas have been real human aggressive but I wouldn't like to be a stranger trying to break in that's for sure.

South Yorkhire Police did not breed their own dogs until around 2009 so there were no police breeders in Hatfield. We bought dogs from dealers nationwide and some came from the public as donations. 

There were some private breeders who sold some of their dogs to the police, prisons and armed services, but they were not police dog breeders as you stated. And the police only take the best, rejecting the rest.

The example of my customer's akitas is to counter your generalisation that any akita would beat any GSD in a straight fight. There are cowards in any breed or species and examples of others punching way above their weight. Don't forget that I have worked with hundreds of dogs whereas you draw your experience from owning two.

And your last line makes no sense at all. Totally contradictive.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the gundog lads had a family nearby who come for lessons, not farmers but had a small holding, few out buildingd and a shed with some collectable cars and a few gundogs.  They got a Neo th

Just go look at a few litters I thort I wanted a European shepherd but they was to much work for us ( family/ gaurd dog ) went to see some show line ones but they just looked terrible with slanty hips

No, out of looking after my money.  I'll leave you to this now that you have convinced yourself that you were right all along. Nobody else, but it is only you that matters. Classic Walt. I know I

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Griswald said:

The pup was bought in the mid 80's and was supposedly off police dogs, now I doubt my old man insisted on proof or any of that nonsense, you of course know better being a leading authority and all that.

I don't think the old man is interested enough to make full blown enquiry about a pup he bought around 40 year ago.

The dog certainly wasn't down off show type dogs as he was a big strong thing with a straight back.

Regarding it's temperament, his bark was definitely worse than it's bite, it was a softy.

As for the akita, they are known to be highly dog dominant and aggressive, so no, it's not just my experience of the 3 dogs we've had.

Of course like any breed there will be individuals that are atypical but from someone who's been around both breeds, they're not even in the same timezone.

You brought up the story of having a dog from the police, not me. Now you are saying you are not sure. They didn't breed or buy pups in those days, preferring to buy adolescent dogs so that you could see what you had. It was only latterly due to a shortage of decent dogs did smaller forces consider breeding programs. From what you are saying it wouldn't have made the grade anyway. 

I haven't seen any akitas used for general purpose security work so there is no comparison. With the shortage of GSD's and Mallies you would have thought that if akitas were suitable they would have been used. 

As for your assertion that an akita would beat a GSD in a straight fight you show a lack of understanding of dog behaviour. Only psychos and those trained to fight would enter a battle with an equal sized opponent without exploring a diplomatic solution. It is in neither dog's interest to fight to the death. If they did fight it would favour the dog with most confidence, not necessarily size or strength. Ask anyone who keeps a pack of dogs who the leader is. Normally it is a middle aged or old bitch that rules the younger, larger males. The bigger dogs don't take liberties. 

You said; "Still, had a German Shepherd bred off police dogs...."  and now you don't know where it came from  ?

All the rest is supposition and naivity. You really have no idea if you can base your experience on dogs on having owned three in fifty years. 

• Like 1

I'm not as green as to believe anything that you say. So now we have a dog that was claimed to have a police pedigree, but perhaps not, and a wealth of experience morphed from passing dogs. ?

I think we have the general picture.

42 minutes ago, Griswald said:

Oh but you are, I mean you seem to think the dominant dog in a household is automatically a better fighter than any other dog in the household.

Cadet, you have a lot to learn.

Seeing as you're an expert on the GSD, tell me all about this dog.

FB_IMG_1666805641602.jpg

FB_IMG_1666805625810.jpg

The whole point that you cannot grasp is that a pack structure avoids conflict. It isn't always the  best fighter that is dominant. It is for want of a better description - persona or attitude. Some of our most able street dogs were second fiddle to spaniels at home. My own working GSD who would take on any crowd no matter how many or how violent would submit to our old terrier bitch. She was a quarter his size.  When I took on a younger, bigger, stronger GSD he would allow the youngster to roll him over in a play fight then when he'd had enough, one low growl told the youngster playtime was over. 

You have to understand dogs to know how a pack structure works and you obviously don't.

1 hour ago, Griswald said:

Oh but you are, I mean you seem to think the dominant dog in a household is automatically a better fighter than any other dog in the household.

Cadet, you have a lot to learn.

Seeing as you're an expert on the GSD, tell me all about this dog.

FB_IMG_1666805641602.jpg

FB_IMG_1666805625810.jpg

Blue roan cocker spaniel ? ? 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Griswald said:

I do understand it, who even mentioned dog packs? Certainly not me.

I was talking about the differences between akita's and GSD's and which would come out on top if they were ever to go at it.

I've seen first hand how dangerous the akita can be to other dogs just as big as themselves, thankfully they can often be tolerant of smaller dogs that aren't a threat to them unlike some other breeds that will attack anything regardless of size.

Anyone with any real knowledge of the breed will tell you that you have to be super wary of them with other dogs, especially of the same sex.

You are either deliberately dodging the issue or are too thick to understand it.

A pack can be two dogs. Or a dog and other animals or people. There may be a period when two dogs size each other up and possibly a few minor skirmishes in order to settle who is top dog. Same when you take on an adult dog. Unless the dog or dogs are psycho or have been trained to fight they will not go at each other hammer and tongs from the start. Sometimes a bigger, stronger dog will submit to a smaller, weaker dog that has a strong attitude or persona. Or has territorial rights. So, in your imaginary scenario it is not cut and dried that the bigger dog would win a fight or even that the dogs would fight. 

Now my turn for a question; what evidence other than your imagination have you got to support that any akita would beat any GSD in a fight? I'll take anything that can be proven. 

11 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Scrapyard  by us kept those xs....when I was about 12 yr old, local wrong UN's bred an akita to a Pitbull ...those pups grew to be the most aggressive dogs I've known...watched 2 of them almost eat a smackhead who was caught apparently robbing the one lads house..they set the 2 dogs on him outside the newsagents in front of us on our way to school?they pulled his face off ,he needed surgery had a couple of hundred stitches?lads who did it went to jail..I will never forget the sight or  sound the poor cnut made or the sound of his arms and legs being crushed as they chewed on him? and I've witnessed some naughty shit in my time?

A junkie up around my way had a very aggressive pit bull and he used to let it grab a hold of other junkies and and rag them until they handed over they're drug's,I remember hearing one of them the dog's bite hurt like f**k,I'd say that was awful for you to witness that as a kid,just at the start of the pandemic a young kid was killed by two rotties a couple of miles up the road from,and some clown a few door's up from me had a pit bull not that long ago and it was a big f****r and the fella is a bit thick and didn't realise what he had at the end of the lead he bought it because he had one before and by the time the dog was a year old it ragged his pregnant misses around the sitting room she was lucky this dog looked capable of doing a lot of damage 

5 hours ago, Griswald said:

What has any of that got to do with my initial point about what would happen if a fight broke out between a pair of dogs?

Of course if they have been brought up in the same household the chances of one seriously hurting the other is less than if you pitted two strange dogs together. Did I say otherwise? 

You think that highly of yourself you don't read what people post.

Who said that any akita would beat any GSD, what sort of rubbish is that?

I said on average the comparison isn't even close, the akita is a more accomplished fighter as a breed, read up on the damn things and you shall see the truth.

As for my experience, I've seen first hand what damage a certain akita can do to other dogs, that includes your beloved GSD's, don't tell me, they must have all been rejects.

So there we have it,I have more experience than you on both breed as I've owned and been around both.

You still didn't answer my question, tell me about the GSD that I posted.

i did read few years back in the Richard Stratton pitbull terriers  books, where they fought Akitas v pitbulls  , and the bulldogs  always beat them. the younger bulldogs, who not fought much would grab them anywhere,akita got thick fur and strong bones, there were deff handful , to your average type dog to handle. but  a full on type dog  like proper game bred pit 40 -60 lb , had them in trouble, i will say this regards Alsatians = gsds  that a well bred 80lb  gsd with good nerve  ,  it have  hard job stopping it, my old 1x gsd x grey  not got nasty bone in his 28in 90 lb  body , feck me he scared of my 12 lb jack x chihuaua  lol, yet he  bust a fox with one bite, he locked on to things twice his weight, ok greyhounds are strong for what there are and mad  when the bloods up, but the gsd in him,  i reckon flick the switch , he old now , not the same dog , pity they get old .

11 hours ago, Griswald said:

What has any of that got to do with my initial point about what would happen if a fight broke out between a pair of dogs?

Of course if they have been brought up in the same household the chances of one seriously hurting the other is less than if you pitted two strange dogs together. Did I say otherwise? 

You think that highly of yourself you don't read what people post.

Who said that any akita would beat any GSD, what sort of rubbish is that?

I said on average the comparison isn't even close, the akita is a more accomplished fighter as a breed, read up on the damn things and you shall see the truth.

As for my experience, I've seen first hand what damage a certain akita can do to other dogs, that includes your beloved GSD's, don't tell me, they must have all been rejects.

So there we have it,I have more experience than you on both breed as I've owned and been around both.

You still didn't answer my question, tell me about the GSD that I posted.

I am not interested in the photo. Now show me where I can find evidence or proof that any akita will beat any GSD in a straight fight. That's what you are saying and I've given up trying to educate you that a pair of non fighting breeds fight it isn't always down to size and power.

Show me where yourstatement can be verified. That is all I want - proof!

1 hour ago, Griswald said:

Thought an expert on police dogs would at least be able to tell me what lines the dog is from.

Again, who said that any akita can beat any GSD, I certainly didn't, what a foolish thing to even suggest.

Any pitbull will not beat any staff, but as breed there's no comparison.

That just shows how ignorant you are, you do know the akita was used for fighting in Japan.

If you need another history lesson on dogs mate get in touch.

I have no idea how anyone could identify bloodlines from a photo, but I am aware of the origins of both breeds. And it was you that said an akita would beat a GSD. You said itseveral times inckuding these statements; 

"You live in cloud cuckoo land if you think the German Shepherd could live with the Akita, again, haway with the fairies dreamer." 

"Still, had a German Shepherd bred off police dogs and Akita's, and I know what dog would be alive if they were left in the yard together."

And now we know that your GSD probably wasn't bred from police dogs, your akitas plural was actually one dog and your actual dog experience is neglible even including all the experience morphed from passing dogs. ?

Generalisations without facts to back them up is what you are experienced in across a whole raft of subjects. So without your proof or even acceptance of what you have stated I will leave you to wallow in your ignorance until the next inevitable ban. Can't be long now.