Should have just stole this dog

Was at the gas station earlier yesterday, walked out with some grocery and this dog walked up. Was really friendly had a bandanna tied around his neck ,nails trimmed , collar ect. But the poor thing looked like it hadn't had a fit meal in two weeks. Figured he had jumped off of one of the cattleman's trucks and got lost or something. Not uncommon around here at all.  Had a copper plate on this collar so tried calling the number no luck , phone says the number is from a town about an hour away where I work . Found someone on FB and sent a message .So I load him up in the car and figure I'll take him home feed him up and wait till his own hits me back up. Extremely well behaved dog. Well get halfway home owner messages me , yadda yadda yadda end up he live right behind the gas station and he says "o yeah just drop him back off  and he'll find his way back".

At this point I'm looking at this dog and how skinny he is and I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on ? How the heck is he that skinny and has a owner right by where I picked him up. 

Anyhow get the address and drop him off in front of a drive way where GPS took me too. Well there was a guy in his truck in the drive way ( thought it was the guy's dad or something). Walked up and started talking to him and after a lot of confusion end up that dog has been getting in eveyone garbage and everyone's been trying to figure out who it belongs to.

Ended up just leaving guy said he understood the confusion and wasn't any problem ,saw the dog head toward a house but honestly looking back.... I'm thinking I should have cut that collar and stole that poor dog  because it makes no damn sense to me a dog is this skinny with an owner. I understand keeping a dog "fit"  but this guy looked and smelled like it's been neglected for a few weeks. Especially if it's a lab mix that I think he is. Calle horrible for considering stealing a dog but at least he'd have a few scoops of kibble ,fresh water and a few acres to run on, not digging though garbage cans .....idk though I don't know the situation of the owner and all so hopefully they get this guy some food and love.IMG_20220909_073223864_HDR.jpg.83792232c1cdffbe3d8c147465dd1a43.jpg

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 6

There are all sorts of medical reasons the dog might be underweight ,but trust your own judgement ,and if after seeing the dog ,the owner ,the home and having hands on the dog you think it's neglect ,go back and take it ,fuk em..

If you get nicked tell them Chartpolski said you could .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Astanley said:

There are all sorts of medical reasons the dog might be underweight ,but trust your own judgement ,and if after seeing the dog ,the owner ,the home and having hands on the dog you think it's neglect ,go back and take it ,fuk em..

If you get nicked tell them Chartpolski said you could .

Tomo told me you were a bully but I never believed  him........until now !

?

Cheers.

• Haha 2