Rabbit numbers are looking up

Seen a couple of posts on insta also from shooting lads saying numbers seem up…not for long judging by the bags of rifled rabbits they are posting but still a good sign. Not sure about numbers my way (south east) look low still (would say similar to last few years) but still a few around. Good luck and have a good season

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, terryd said:

I have noticed the same and when you see a rabbit some where that you haven't seen one for 4 or 5 years it is a great day. 

Same round here but unfortunately it will drag all the lads back out and do them all in before they can properly recover.

Sensible harvesting is needed not eradication.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Guss33 said:

We are of to Kerang in two weeks time onto a property of 20 thousand acres and the farmer when we spoke to him he said it’s crawling with rabbits come with us Aussie whip. 

That's a good offer Guss, I've always planned or dreamed of doing a 6 month trip to The Mallee, I had a farmer wanting me to go there and stay as there are supposedly thousands  of rabbits on his place. I'm pretty tied up with my small farm and animals atm. Only doing local spots but not much around.

• Like 1
On 09/09/2022 at 09:49, gnipper said:

Same round here but unfortunately it will drag all the lads back out and do them all in before they can properly recover.

Sensible harvesting is needed not eradication.

?% gnipper there isn’t a rabbit local to me, roll on the winter weather, 

I know but if you all had a try fir a couple of trips and put them somewhere rough that can't be ferreted they might have a chance.

I've seen lads here going on somewhere because they saw 1 rabbit and knew where it went in and when I was trying to explain that if you kill the last 1 or 2 they have no chance of ever recovering it fell on deaf ears.

• Like 1