• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true friend of the countryside and everything involved with it 

Well played old girl ,  The lads will never forget you.  it was an honour . 

Literally toilet humour again .    And why do you think it went like clock work and immaculately ? Cause the armed forces ran the gaff , not some panel of industry jostling for position. 

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

This is a tweet from some university professor! 

I thought I was anti royal but,wow, that's another level. Scumbag. 

At end of day, whatever your thoughts (and I'm keeping mine to myself) she was a loved mum & a granny and always did what was needed. Big boots for charlie! 

Screenshot_20220909-073549_Samsung Internet.jpg

Written by a filthy nigger 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The Empire has long been disbanded with an accelerated shift towards globalism. If there's no realm for a monarch to rule over then surely there is no need for a monarch irrespective of whether it's what your country was built on.

Slowly but surely the country has been demolished economically and weakened over the last 70 years by those in power, politics and business with not even a passing glance or comment from the royals. 

The world has changed beyond all recognition, but even in 2022 the power structure is enjoying luxury living like never before. No cost of living crisis for them that's for sure. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, baker boy said:

Don't think he'll fck up, but don't think he'll ever be able to reach the level of admiration his mother was held at, different times

I don't think he could lace his mother's boots for the duty she's shown as sovereign. I think the point in the Crown/Monarchy is as much in question now as ever before. His mother held it together and is probably irreplaceable. I just don't think, the now, King Charles has 'it'. He will probably get by in the role, but imo he's not the monarch the Crown needs now and he's a risk. His mother personified duty, and I don't think he does when it costs him.

2 hours ago, baker boy said:

Sorry, but it's a tradition, a tradition this country was built on, William will get his time, I'm not a massive fan of Charles lll but it's his time

It is a tradition, and the value of the Crown to me is as a corner stone institution of British culture. The French and others have equally magnificent palaces, but ours are the real deal because of the Royal family. However, it was an act of breaking tradition that led to Elizabeth becoming heir to the throne. Edward's abdication was the right thing for the Crown at the time. This isn't the same circumstances of course and times have changed, but it wouldn't be totally unprecedented.

:thumbs:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

Only a quiet unassuming female monarch would have survived so long in a world so divided and with so much lost to her own country. A King would have had a difficult time justifying the monarchy, being male and the heavy financial burden on the country and the families luxury lifestyle. 

Charles strength will lie in his continued support of all things green, big climate change pushing, supporting globalism and the Great reset which are all underway. Be interesting to see how far he will take things. 

• Like 2

people talk here as if the monarchy have led us to a special place when in reality, they have nodded their heads and smiled as atrocities have happened, remember they have not had any power since the late seventeen century, so charles will not fail but carry on the tradition in his own unique way, the queen took her job and carried out her job in a wonderful manner by dedicating her life to been a figurehead. rip mam.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Should of skipped him and gone to William 

Think though mate he’s been waiting whole life for this moment, I wouldn’t give it up either. 

wonder what will happen with the notes ? Queen will stay in circulation until there’s no more ? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Think though mate he’s been waiting whole life for this moment, I wouldn’t give it up either. 

wonder what will happen with the notes ? Queen will stay in circulation until there’s no more ? 

I was thinking the same mate

• Like 1