• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true friend of the countryside and everything involved with it 

Well played old girl ,  The lads will never forget you.  it was an honour . 

Literally toilet humour again .    And why do you think it went like clock work and immaculately ? Cause the armed forces ran the gaff , not some panel of industry jostling for position. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, big sid said:

ok why is their a need for them, i aint drowning, i quite simply see them as something we can do without and see the pomp as an up market panto.

British national identity/brand

Cultural cohesion and leadership

International political soft power tool

GDP

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, big sid said:

ok why is their a need for them, i aint drowning, i quite simply see them as something we can do without and see the pomp as an up market panto. 

4 billion people watching on telly : this is amazing 

big Sid: truth seeker badge awarded 

22 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

What you on about ???
Seriously straight out of “not the view”.  mince . 

“As the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh celebrate their Platinum Wedding Anniversary, leading brand and business valuation consultancy Brand Finance has estimated the total worth of the UK Monarchy. Growing every year since the inception of the study in 2012, the value of the British Monarchy now amounts to approximately £67.5 billion.
The Monarchy’s tangible assets – the Crown Estate, the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall, and the Royal Collection, including the Crown Jewels – account for £25.5 billion. The intangible value, understood as the present value of the benefits that the Monarchy is expected to bring the UK economy over the years, constitutes the remaining £42 billion.
Brand Finance estimates that in 2017 the Monarchy generated a gross uplift of £1.766 billion to the UK economy. The contribution includes the Crown Estate’s surplus as well as the Monarchy’s indirect effect on various industries. The respect for the institution boosts the price and volume premium of brands boasting a Royal Warrant or a Coat of Arms; the appeal of pomp and circumstance set in living royal residences draws millions of tourists; the mystique surrounding the Monarchy adds to the popularity of shows like The Crown and Victoria that offer a glimpse of the private lives of the Royal Family.
The economic benefits generated by the Monarchy come at a very low cost to the British nation, equal to only £4.50 per person per year or just over 1p a day. The total costs of the Monarchy, totalling approximately £292 million, include the Sovereign Grant, earnings from the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall ceded to the Queen and the Prince of Wales, and security expenses, among others. A significant proportion of these costs is in fact incurred by residence maintenance, staff salaries, and travel expenditures required by any head of state.
David Haigh, CEO of Brand Finance, commented:
“Exactly 25 years ago, the Windsor Castle fire marked the nadir of the Queen’s annus horribilis when scandals drove the Monarchy’s popularity down. Today, its universal appeal translates to the attraction of Brand Monarchy offering considerable commercial benefits to all businesses and institutions associated with it.”
“The Monarchy is Britain’s national treasure, both symbolically and economically. Especially in the age of Brexit, Britain can rely on royal diplomacy to facilitate trade relations with the commonwealth “ 

in short , royal family cost the uk tax payers a fiver a year apiece. 

price is what you pay , value is what you get . 

I couldnt be assed to Google, but glad you did...

Most are paying a tenner a month for Netflix...lol

4 billion people can't all be wrong with the worth that fiver a year gives you! Lol

2 minutes ago, big sid said:

most of them doing false sympathy, 

Well at least Celtic haven’t eh . 

im completely ashamed of the club and it’s support lately . An embarrassment quite frankly . As shown , the queen went to Dublin and Belfast to meet various republican and roi political figures in the latter stages of her tenure. But a load of dings from airdrie can’t behave during a minute’s silence. ???

The support has fallen a long way since d day Jim used to attend away games , a quick perusal of Celtic players killed in ww1 shows a name embellished with VC at the end . Arguably the greatest vc of them all was won by a Celtic player . 

and to act the way the support has shows imho the small mindedness and bitter nature that’s been allowed to creep into the club last few years from certain elements . I actually cringe at some of the stuff written on the forums 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Bloody hell mate, is nothing sacred! Lol

Only Ibrox ?

Just think how many reugees could be housed if they knocked Ibrox down and built hostels? Feck Rwanda. The threat of them being sent to Scotland would have them begging the RNLI to take them back to Calais.

11 minutes ago, big sid said:

most of them doing false sympathy, 

False sympathy?

Don't think its sympathy, she was 96 years old, served the country for 70 of those years and not many have a bad word to say about her... maybe a touch of respect, gratitude etc..

But even so, 4 billion is still more than any event from anywhere else could ever hope to pull in.. whatever the reason it shows what this country still means on the international stage and the Royal family (especially the queen) is at the forefront...

• Like 2

no the footie hasnt had anything to do with my view of the royals ive a bit more about me than that, i didnt like the way the gb got involved in the queens death, but why airdrie? btw no mention of du hibs hearts who all plus liverpool everton and more disrespected it but you pick on celtic and you have wrongly associated me with the gb  why 

• Like 1