30 minutes ago, Francie said:

Yes wilf but when we're stuck in a system that only mostly the rich get into positions of power what hope do we have,is there any politician apart from a few indepenedents that are not millionaires of the back of taxpayers money?

Am not saying give all the money away,even tho I think it's as much as yours wilf as it is the monarch's money,but ffs do something to help the people they rule over its not much to ask in the grand scheme of things as you say the money that's being squandered is madness,the taxpayers money,I mean they couldn't even stand in an stop the ban on one of the most traditionalist things like hunting even tho they partake,so what good are they actually doing apart from sit on vast wealth gathering dust why there subjects get hammered on a daily basis?

I have said this before but years ago I listened to an interview with David Starky on radio 4 and he said something that made a lot of sense and that I hadn’t really thought about.

What he said was this:

The problems started when we started paying politicians.

When parliament was made up of mostly the landed gentry and aristocracy they governed in the interest of the nation, the nation not only being the people but this actual thing we call Great Britain….the people and the land were one indivisible entity.

They already had loads of money so they didn’t need to be on the pay roll of banks or corporations, their concern was Britain doing well because that was in everyone’s interest.

When we started paying politicians we didn’t get the best in class at Oxford or Cambridge, we didn’t even get the 2nd or 3rd best, what we got was the leftovers who couldn’t do f**k all else (mostly)

We got grammar school gobshites and university left wingers, we got big businessmen using it as a toy to further their own interests…..these people (and so the nation) were/are for sale to the highest bidder which is what we see today.

They couldn’t give two fucks about the nation, it’s whatever suits their agenda or their pocket.

The old landed gentry ain’t the problem, it’s the people we are electing that’s the problem.

jmho 

Edited to add:

When we ruled 2/3 of the globe there were 16 people in the foreign office !……16 !!

Now, there are 20 or 30 thousand !

Sort of tells you all you need to know really 

Edited by WILF

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true friend of the countryside and everything involved with it 

Well played old girl ,  The lads will never forget you.  it was an honour . 

Literally toilet humour again .    And why do you think it went like clock work and immaculately ? Cause the armed forces ran the gaff , not some panel of industry jostling for position. 

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Francie said:

Why are the British people suffering all these hardships,an some have to choose between electric food or heat,whenever charles inherited 42 billion in assets an 500 million in cash????????

What are they they for to show how British yous are,they don't care one bit for the people,I mean come on that much money an wealth why don't they help people,an I don't mean donate money to stupid things that swings around back to them,if they actually cared they could do alot with that money.

I just can't grasp there greed an selfishness an there total disregard for there own people,an plus not once did they step in to save any traditions,look at hunting they hunt also but couldn't do nothing,there just sitting back an doing f**k all

and how can it be "voluntary" to pay inheritance tax

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Francie said:

It's not much to ask Keith,the moneys gathering dust anyway.

thick as pig shit me Francie my son, but i cannot see what purpose he serves in life,but then again ive never gone into it, all as i no is this, his purpose in life now are his subjects, US   come on wingnut stick ya hand in ya pocket and do the right thing, food banks be buggered/ what did you have for brekky today, he shouldnt have the need to be told, if it isnt in his heart, then spose we had best forget it 

4 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

thick as pig shit me Francie my son, but i cannot see what purpose he serves in life,but then again ive never gone into it, all as i no is this, his purpose in life now are his subjects, US   come on wingnut stick ya hand in ya pocket and do the right thing, food banks be buggered/ what did you have for brekky today, he shouldnt have the need to be told, if it isnt in his heart, then spose we had best forget it 

Question, why should he clean up our mistakes ?…..mistakes we keep making every 5 years since the end of the war ?

We wanted the power, we fought a civil war for it and what have we done with it since we got it ?…..we have wasted it !

Edited by WILF

You could divvy up the entire Crown estate and Royal families estates Robin Hood style and it'd make f**k all difference in the long run. The money would be squandered and then the next disaster would arrive and the masses would be baying for the riches of the next tier of society.... until they find themselves as the highest tier.

No doubt the Royals live in privilege, tempered with duty, but to get rid of them or reduce them to nothing because of it weakens British power and culture. Ultimately for nothing other than "f**k the rich".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

Question, why should he clean up our mistakes ?…..mistakes we keep making every 5 years since the end of the war ?

We wanted the power, we fought a civil war for it and what have we done with it since we got it ?…..we have wasted it !

Fair enough, why should he clean up our mistakes, well we are human beings Wilf, we all make mistakes, we , not i , im doing fine, but his subjects, his country needs help, hes in a position to do it, but he wont, i bet its never entered his head

Whatever the royal family costs the public purse ,it generates infinitely greater income for this country ,that is only one quantifiable benefit of having them ,they are the envy of the world ,this place would be a poorer place without them .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the royals own quite a bit of land which was probably pillaged over the years.

Consisting of around 106,000 hectares (263,000 acres) across the UK, they also include 26,900 hectares (66,500 acres) of common land, principally in Wales. Rights to extract minerals covers some 115,500 hectares (285,500 acres).

@iworkwhippets & @Francie I think the fundamental issue many are trying to point out here, lads, is that you're tending to meld the monarchy in with the politicians.

Put simply? Charles can't, practically, spend the rest of his days walking around, knocking every door in the kingdom and saying; " Here ye go Frank / Winston / Mo'. Here's your ten grand share of my riches. Have a warmer winter, just this once. "

The distribution of anything is now the governments job. Government is made up of politicians. And I won't even waste my cyber breath explaining, how ever briefly, what That filth are all about, or what they'd do with the money.

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

What the smiley for Dc?

At this moment in time I’m sure it’s proven the Royal Family bring more into GBs coffers than they take out ?

whereas politicians have constantly f****d up GB plc for decades at the least.

laughing at how full of shite you are max...

did the queen not have weekly meetings with the politicians to discuss their plans for the country and its future??? would the queen of had a say in it???she was no different to them max??

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, paddyluke said:

the royals own quite a bit of land which was probably pillaged over the years.

Consisting of around 106,000 hectares (263,000 acres) across the UK, they also include 26,900 hectares (66,500 acres) of common land, principally in Wales. Rights to extract minerals covers some 115,500 hectares (285,500 acres).

and almost every beach on our shores...how much money do they all make with the dutchys and land rent???

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

@iworkwhippets & @Francie I think the fundamental issue many are trying to point out here, lads, is that you're tending to meld the monarchy in with the politicians.

Put simply? Charles can't, practically, spend the rest of his days walking around, knocking every door in the kingdom and saying; " Here ye go Frank / Winston / Mo'. Here's your ten grand share of my riches. Have a warmer winter, just this once. "

The distribution of anything is now the governments job. Government is made up of politicians. And I won't even waste my cyber breath explaining, how ever briefly, what That filth are all about, or what they'd do with the money.

Ken, lets not play silly buggers, no one expects WN  knocking on folks doors, but hes king, he could make provisions to help folks, if only get through this winter, xmas around the corner, i will drop him a pm see what he says, i was talking to a nurse up the hospital works full time goes home of an evening,and either goes bed early, or wraps herself up in a blanket ,       come on   charlie 

2 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Fair enough, why should he clean up our mistakes, well we are human beings Wilf, we all make mistakes, we , not i , im doing fine, but his subjects, his country needs help, hes in a position to do it, but he wont, i bet its never entered his head

If the country needs help it will have to elect its way to better outcomes, simple as that.

As for mistakes, keep making the same one for 75 years is a bit silly isn’t it.