• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true friend of the countryside and everything involved with it 

Well played old girl ,  The lads will never forget you.  it was an honour . 

Literally toilet humour again .    And why do you think it went like clock work and immaculately ? Cause the armed forces ran the gaff , not some panel of industry jostling for position. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, poxon said:

I watched queen Elizabeth’s send off today nearly all day watching tv ?but worth every minute to see the old gal off the pipe player at the end put a little lump in my throat 

Same in this house mate. Yep, that lone piper got me a bit BUT for me it was when she was first laid on the gun carrage, that drone of all them pipers and the Ensigns moving off...

I wonder what Harry was thinking when he looked at prince Edward “ I’ve done two tours of Afghanistan, you dropped out of Marines basic training, and I’m in civvies “ ? 
          I get the whole reason , Harry has basically left the Royal family and this country , and gone to Hollywood. But he is still an ex service man who served Queen and country . He knew what he was giving up and that this day would come . But if I was Edward I don’t think I would have the brass neck to put on a uniform in his presence. 

• Like 2

I'm not a natural Royalist but if you had to have a queen then I reckon she was the best you could get, perhaps of a different age when honesty and integrity were paid more than lip service. I'm no expert but she always seemed to put the nation before self and held the UKs best interests at heart. RIP.

Did the Queen Deliberately Wear a Hat Designed to Look Like ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I'm not a natural Royalist but if you had to have a queen then I reckon she was the best you could get, perhaps of a different age when honesty and integrity were paid more than lip service. I'm no expert but she always seemed to put the nation before self and held the UKs best interests at heart. RIP.

Well said mate, bloody well Said ?

4 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I was going to go off on a tangent and ask your thoughts on Charles but out of respect for the queen . I will leave my thoughts on him for another day .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1