Out of interest, what other national/state events, of any nation, have such a collection of the worlds dignitaries and officials?

Its truly a mark of British soft power and an institution we must protect imo.

Such is the scale, the security risk must be huge. The biggest deterrent probably being that an attack would mobilise the entire West and commonwealth in retaliation.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 4

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true friend of the countryside and everything involved with it 

Well played old girl ,  The lads will never forget you.  it was an honour . 

Literally toilet humour again .    And why do you think it went like clock work and immaculately ? Cause the armed forces ran the gaff , not some panel of industry jostling for position. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Out of interest, what other national/state events, of any nation, have such a collection of the worlds dignitaries and officials?

Its truly a mark of British soft power and an institution we must protect imo.

Such is the scale, the security risk must be huge. The biggest deterrent probably being that an attack would mobilise the entire West and commonwealth in retaliation.

None I can think of , it's nice to see some solidarity, and nobody does pomp and ceremony like the British. As for security risk I'd imagine presence is huge and let's face it most of the world at that level are mates whilst modern wars and conflict don't seem to upset international trade and diplomacy, biggest seems to be Russia but the world is letting him continue to tick over.

2 minutes ago, Borr said:

None I can think of , it's nice to see some solidarity, and nobody does pomp and ceremony like the British. As for security risk I'd imagine presence is huge and let's face it most of the world at that level are mates whilst modern wars and conflict don't seem to upset international trade and diplomacy, biggest seems to be Russia but the world is letting him continue to tick over.

My biggest concern was one (or 100) well placed cruise missile/s. There will have been land based interceptors, airborne early warning and typhoons on QRA covering London but such a rare event must be a very tempting strategic opportunity for adversaries at such a tipping point in the worlds power balance.

Anyway, it’s over now. The British brand has just had a hell of a boost. The final act of a remarkable sovereign.

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

What a ceremony!

As a few have said, no one does pomp and ceremony like us, the whole thing was perfect imo and a real day to be proud to be British! 

What a ceremony indeed my friend, not a foot out of place, nobody causing any grief , fine weather, a great send of for a great lady ,it's put a bit of patriotism back in my old bones.  RIP now Madge 

• Like 3

Brilliant send off , I just said to the missus any of those soldiers on the long walk would lay down their lives for the lady in that coffin , she burst into tears and she's Romanian , been a tremendous celebration of the queen and her dignity , as has been said she was a constant.... Amazing woman , proud to be British.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mackay said:

Did I just hear on the radio they reckon 4.1 billion people tuned in?, half the worlds population. I'm no cynic but I find that hard to believe.

I don't know the numbers, but my relations in Cyprus, Saudi, Australia, New Zealand are all glued to their telly's ?

Cheers.