Tidying up

Seeing as it was quiet today I found myself tidying up old cartridges again . Also some fresh ones from another guy who shoots the farm ?

I've told him before to pick them up but the idiot obviously took no notice ?‍♂️

Bit too hot today for walking about , 29 degrees when I got back to the car.

20220907_151647.jpg

20220907_151946.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Seeing as it was quiet today I found myself tidying up old cartridges again . Also some fresh ones from another guy who shoots the farm ?

I've told him before to pick them up but the idiot obviously took no notice ?‍♂️

Bit too hot today for walking about , 29 degrees when I got back to the car.

20220907_151647.jpg

20220907_151946.jpg

Well done . It’s my pet hate . If I see them I pick them up . I blame semi auto’s.  What’s so hard about picking up your cartridges, or just puttering them in your pocket ? 

• Like 1

I’m with both of you, it’s one thing that probably pi*ses me off, no body does it the shoot now, they all know they put them in their pocket or there’s a bucket on the pickup and don’t be firing plastic wads all over as well ( fibre or bio please) 

quick little story from a couple of years back

now one of my biggest hates is people who drop litter, one day me and her were waiting at some traffic lights when the car beside us dropped all his McDonald’s crap out the window onto the road, I shouted “ what do you think you are doing you tw*t pick that up” to which I got a mouthful of abuse, I got out the car, picked it up and through it back into the car, it turned out that there was a half drunk milkshake in the bag, it went all over him, his girlfriend and the car ? he was fuming ? and went to get out the car, I quickly explained to him ( while struggling to breathe from laughing) that he was built like a brush handle and may get hurt, not wanting to look even more of a dick in front of his little lady he styled it out with a little wheel spin and a shout of “ you fu*king cu*t” ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I absolutely hate litter . While working as a keeper I was amazed that people who came into the countryside to enjoy the surroundings would just leave their litter , sandwich wrappers, coke cans , BBQs , crisp packets , you name it . Then my absolute favourite…….. dog shit bags !!! Why pick up your dog shit in a bag , tie it in a knot and throw it in a tree or bush , that then takes years to bio-degrade? My second favourite was helium balloons, and Chinese lanterns.
         If I saw litter I stopped and picked it up , I felt like Womble not a gamekeeper. The locals who walk their dogs and the ramblers and mountain bikers who use that section of the Cotswold way that ran through the shoot have shooting to thank for a pristine piece of countryside, because if it was left to “Joe public “ it would have been a shit tip !!!

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 5

That’ll be Ben then Mark ???

Those semis do chuck them about a bit mind .Can’t remember ever picking  up all of what I’ve fired using mine .10 feet throw easy plus the angles never the same .I look for them but can do only so much .I need a Womble ?

• Haha 2