Jump to content

Strike Training


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Look forward 2 you showing off her catches this season ,it's gonna happen me knowsa

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I can assure you if she does manage to make a catch ill be letting you all know since 99% of people who have commented of my various posts have been brilliantly helpful! 👍

Link to post

  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like your script fellah....👏 If you need a chat,...call me,... and I'll try to offer a wee bit of advice.....👍

Possibly not, unfortunately I don't have it all figured out yet. She's still with me now and even if she doesn't get going and only fulfils her potential as a pot licker and not a pot filler she will

Cheers.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Just a different take on it, I prefer to stand where you think the rabbit will head and slip the dog, that way the dog will get more chances and hopefully you won't just end up lighting up the rabbits path home 🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s the way Id do it if the dog actually knows what it’s doing by running down the beam but as the lad as said he’s not having no luck I was thinking an trying to comment without trying to offended him by saying literally walk out from we’re the rabbits will be heading for home that way you can be completely on top of the rabbit you know the dog as seen it before slipping plus your as close as you can get the dog to it the dog could even take it out of its seat with you close enough to relieve the dog of the catch I get what your saying gilbey I don’t think there’s no right or wrong way it’s what ever works but I was sort of thinking it’s probably better being behind a novice dog running reckless away from you after a rabbit than towards you at full tilt with a lamp shining directly in its face that ain’t got a clue what it’s doing yet 

Link to post

Soon as the dog sees a few kills there will be no turning back ,all dogs are different some will do it some need a little help ,everyone has different ways of bringing them on but I wouldn't want to keep running rabbits if the dogs not making the kill , sure there's someone that will take you out with there dog and let you double up on a few kills , not saying double up all the time just might need to be showing the once then hopefully the penny will drop ,good luck atb

Link to post
37 minutes ago, bobza said:

Soon as the dog sees a few kills there will be no turning back ,all dogs are different some will do it some need a little help ,everyone has different ways of bringing them on but I wouldn't want to keep running rabbits if the dogs not making the kill , sure there's someone that will take you out with there dog and let you double up on a few kills , not saying double up all the time just might need to be showing the once then hopefully the penny will drop ,good luck atb

I know a very small amount of lads with lurchers personally and they all live a decent drive away, going out with them not a problem, it would just be difficult to be out with them regularly, as I previously mentioned if I could get out with them 3 times a season then that would be good going, managed 1 night with them last year and she was keen enough to run/chase but not to make the kill, she just stopped the chase and happily let the other dogs do the kill, wouldn't even play with catch afterwards 

Link to post
3 hours ago, scottpenn28 said:

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I can assure you if she does manage to make a catch ill be letting you all know since 99% of people who have commented of my various posts have been brilliantly helpful! 👍

Be sound 

Link to post
On 10/09/2022 at 14:55, poxon said:

That’s the way Id do it if the dog actually knows what it’s doing by running down the beam but as the lad as said he’s not having no luck I was thinking an trying to comment without trying to offended him by saying literally walk out from we’re the rabbits will be heading for home that way you can be completely on top of the rabbit you know the dog as seen it before slipping plus your as close as you can get the dog to it the dog could even take it out of its seat with you close enough to relieve the dog of the catch I get what your saying gilbey I don’t think there’s no right or wrong way it’s what ever works but I was sort of thinking it’s probably better being behind a novice dog running reckless away from you after a rabbit than towards you at full tilt with a lamp shining directly in its face that ain’t got a clue what it’s doing yet 

Yeah I've done it that way with rabbits sitting way out on white grass etc 👍

 

 

obviously keep the lamp off the dog same as any other situation 

 

Edited by Gilbey
  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...