Strike Training

6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Being shy and unassuming around other dogs has no bearing on ote mate 

Just made it difficult last season when tried to run her along with another dog, she chased for a bit and then let the other dog take over and make the catch whilst she stood watching but not wanting to get involved 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like your script fellah....? If you need a chat,...call me,... and I'll try to offer a wee bit of advice.....?

Possibly not, unfortunately I don't have it all figured out yet. She's still with me now and even if she doesn't get going and only fulfils her potential as a pot licker and not a pot filler she will

Cheers.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, scottpenn28 said:

Just made it difficult last season when tried to run her along with another dog, she chased for a bit and then let the other dog take over and make the catch whilst she stood watching but not wanting to get involved 

I see 

Some good advice already. I favour ferreting for entering, lamping early on needs everything on the dogs side, I don't have any rough grass permission and on sports ground or good seedbeds in cereal crops, rabbits are a tough challenge unless the weather is lousy. What I will add is; however long it takes don't give up on your dog. If it's not seen another take a rabbit it's got to work it out and it will

Just now, Luckee legs said:

Some good advice already. I favour ferreting for entering, lamping early on needs everything on the dogs side, I don't have any rough grass permission and on sports ground or good seedbeds in cereal crops, rabbits are a tough challenge unless the weather is lousy. What I will add is; however long it takes don't give up on your dog. If it's not seen another take a rabbit it's got to work it out and it will

I forgot to say good luck ?

1 hour ago, Dennis up said:

What part of Worcestershire are you fella? Ive been here 20 odd years and on my patches there's very few rabbits to go at.  the game is mostly larger. 

We have very small numbers on majority of ours but some places seem to have done very well this year and can hopefully produce some decent bags this season. Sent you a pm mate ?

7 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

I wont be giving up on her just really want her to succeed, me wanting her to do well so badly is probably one of the reasons she's probably not where I had hoped she would be at this point but we live and learn. Most of my ground is arable densely planted so can certainly be challenging. Definitely big learning curve for her. Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Allan P said:

What sort of land are you working are  they really short runs?

Mainly small grass or planted fields, but some paddocks and arable land too, arable fields are decent size but the rabbits rarely venture too far from hedge so yeah I'd say typically the runs are short 

10 minutes ago, fireman said:

Just saying like but a few could someone tell me/show me topics popping up just lately so be careful anyone offering totake a stranger out with them to "show their dog how to do it".....

Yeah I'd be sceptical too with randomer asking me, wasn't expecting anybody to join me for a run/watching their dog but if I think could benefit my dog then least I can do is ask and try. Like I said before on my posts, I'll do whatever I can and whatever is best for the dog to make her as successful as I can. I respect you posting that though, certainly a time to be wary. ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, fireman said:

Just saying like but a few could someone tell me/show me topics popping up just lately so be careful anyone offering totake a stranger out with them to "show their dog how to do it".....

Yeah always be sure that they passed the finger test ,you know there serious about it then