Catch Dogs on mountain lion/leopard

Just now, mr moocher said:

ive got nothing against hunting of big cats they are considered a dangerous pest i love the dogo and bulldog for their courage,

I shout the killing ability of big cats from the highest mountain, but if killing ability was relevant in a fight with a working catch dog of similar size then greyhounds would be able to beat them.

I personally don't really approve of the pen fights just because they can't learn to enjoy it like boars and they're liable to die. They should be able to earn their freedom. I think you're better off letting younger dogs hunt with the adult ones. I think the pen fights are a good indicator of how a fight between a catch dog and cougar/leopard of equal size will go though.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not well. ?

I,m feeling the love.......

Suicide isn't a mark of a good hunting dog. I can't see a single dog dealing with one and I don't want to.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Bolushi said:

I shout the killing ability of big cats from the highest mountain, but if killing ability was relevant in a fight with a working catch dog of similar size then greyhounds would be able to beat them.

I personally don't really approve of the pen fights just because they can't learn to enjoy it like boars and they're liable to die. They should be able to earn their freedom. I think you're better off letting younger dogs hunt with the adult ones. I think the pen fights are a good indicator of how a fight between a catch dog and cougar/leopard of equal size will go though.

i dont have no experience of big cats,only what i have seen on video,i see the point of pens to train young dogs as is done with boar,i have seen dogos whoop mountain lion on numorous videos and can only go by what i have seen jmo

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mr moocher said:

i dont have no experience of big cats,only what i have seen on video,i see the point of pens to train young dogs as is done with boar,i have seen dogos whoop mountain lion on numorous videos and can only go by what i have seen jmo

Yeah there's a reason for it and it's a valid reason, just not something I personally would do if I was a cat hunter.

The videos of Dogos beating up cougars are far and few in between sadly, that video I sent earlier is a video not even I seen I searched it because someone else told me they saw it and it was deleted. There's a video of a Dogo in a slugfest barn burner with a cougar snared in 1 leg, the cliff video, and the montage video. Odd how there's no videos involving Dogals or Galgo Patagonicos.

Wahchadero had a few pictures where cougars were among the carnage but then he argued with another dumb hunter from Australia and deleted them all. I never saw them though. Wish I did.

Edited by Bolushi
1 hour ago, Bolushi said:

Dogs are no match for boars, all you've done is watched videos of scared pigs being abused by dogs and pigs trapped in pens. I mean yeah they're biting and goring the dogs but that doesn't matter, you just watched baiting videos and scared wild animals!!!

What would you know about cougar hunting? Very interested.

My mate had dane mastiffs that would crush pigs skulls on hunts. My mrs was a professional pig hunter. I have hunted pigs on and off since a teenager. I wouldn't hunt big cats, I have no interest. I don't watch cruelty vids.

You could AT LEAST acknowledge the ability for a Dogo to kill one very quickly, considering some of those pathetic cats died

I really don't like you, your attitude to wildlife. I don't like wogs in general, we call them dagos they are a far cry from dogos, which have balls.

So then why the hell would you make a boarhound then? All the boarhounds are bulldog x sighthound, there is NO point in adding sighthound if they can't catch anything fast. Turns out they wanted a fast bulldog, and they got it.

What's the difference between a boar in a pen and a cougar in a pen? Is it because you like cougars more so it doesn't count?

It's almost like cats evolved for millions of years to be frightened when they actually have to fight.

I'm talking fast game like hare, rabbits, roos where running dogs are needed. We don't train pig dogs in pens over here they learn out bush. Cats are far more intelligent than dogs, being wary is survival in the wild. 

2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'm talking fast game like hare, rabbits, roos where running dogs are needed. We don't train pig dogs in pens over here they learn out bush. Cats are far more intelligent than dogs, being wary is survival in the wild. 

Are they though? It depends on the dog. Wilderness survival doesn't require Einstein levels of intellect. ''ambush foes, don't fight.'' is the cat's approach to every situation. It's not really smart it's just an obvious response. 

How fast are roos? I'd bank on the idea that a Bull Arab or something with high greyhound content or a Bullstag would be capable of running one down.

My mate had dane mastiffs that would crush pigs skulls on hunts. My mrs was a professional pig hunter. I have hunted pigs on and off since a teenager. I wouldn't hunt big cats, I have no interest. I don't watch cruelty vids.

Isn't hunting pigs cruelty? Pretty sure they're even on that front.

I'm aware dogs can kill pigs, my friend Antonio Hardcastle has a cousin that had a Bullwolfhound that ripped out a pig's throat, indeed they're capable of killing pigs. They're even more capable of killing fragile felines.

Edited by Bolushi

I really don't like you, your attitude to wildlife. I don't like wogs in general, we call them dagos they are a far cry from dogos, which have balls.

My attitude to wildlife is perfectly fine, if you're a shitty fighter that relies on uneducated people to try to maintain your honor then you suck. You are objectively a terrible creature worthy of no respect at all and I will laugh at you while a Dogo rips your sorry ass into very small pieces while your little hands and tiny claws get torn off.

Jaguars are good, big male Persian leopards are good, wolverines are good, clouded leopards might be good, bears are good, free-range beef cattle/scrub bulls are good, donkeys are good, boars are good, cougars and leopards are not good. Matter of fact they are the perfect test dummy for boardogs. Just a weak fragile punching bag for amateurs to try their hand at.

And I'm not Australian so I have no idea what ''wogs'' mean. What does having balls have to do with anything? My balls grow for every cougar killed by a Dogo. Grows every day, I could probably knock you out with 'em.

Edited by Bolushi
3 hours ago, mr moocher said:

i have an old vhs tape about an hour long of dogos in pens in argentina and hunting really old footage i think its in my shed somewhere with old bulldog tapes

Do you think you could dig it up somehow and post it or nah? Is it even possible?

9 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Yet you said before, dogs are no match for them, which shows you are a bullshitting fckwit

And you say dogs are no match for cougars. See? I can deny history too dumbass... the problem is neither of us are allowed to deny history. It's not like ''On 5/10/85 a Dogo killed a cougar.'' no, it's ''since 5/10/85 100,000 cougars were killed by Dogos.''