Transitioning to a raw diet for dog.

Hello I have an adult bitch that has been fed on tinned and dry mixer, and I’m thinking of transitioning her to raw and dry mix. I understand it should be done gradually so won’t be changing it overnight but Would just like to know if anyone has any tips or pointers before I start. Also any pitfalls and problems I should be looking out for. Thanks.

All that transition over slowly with 80% of the old meal and 20% f the new meal for three days then blah blah blah … just swap it straight over the dog may have slightly different stools for a few days but will settle down pretty quickly. A dogs digestive system is pretty robust and designed to cope with raw meat. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I’ve fed raw before, but the dog was weened on it from being a pup, didn’t know any different and it kept him in fantastic shape tbh. Thought might be a little more problematic changing from the tinned and dry food mix, but maybe not the case then!? thanks for the replies.:thumbs:

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CRAZYHORSE
      some shots taken from a hyde on the north kent marshes

• By staceym2015
      Hi everyone, I'm new to this site seemed like a good one with some good information. Was just looking for some opinions or shared experience from you all. I've always had animals, digs cross terrors small house dogs. Rabbits and guinea pigs and birds. I've recently gotten a full 100% pure breed whippet pup. He is about 3 and a half months old. I saw all of the litter and both parents in peraon before i bought him.he comes from a good blood line no health problems. I've Brough him to get his 2nd round of vaccinations and a check up 2 weeks ago in the vets and he was a tad underweight, he just need to be wormed and the weight is coming on nicely. Before I brought him to the vets I used to give him bread and milk slightly warm with dog nuts in the or nine and then again in the evening she told me to stop this. However. Since I've stopped giving him the bread and milk his legs are starting to bow. only the Front Ones And I'm Really Really Worried And FREAKING Out Over him. I have him on full working dog nuts now 3 half cups a day. This has calcium in it and the protein content is 22% is this still to high? Should I go back to giving him the bread and milk? Please help. Absolutely freaking it.
    • By staceym2015
      Hi everyone, I'm new to this site seemed like a good one with some good information. Was just looking for some opinions or shared experience from you all. I've always had animals, digs cross terrors small house dogs. Rabbits and guinea pigs and birds. I've recently gotten a full 100% pure breed whippet pup. He is about 3 and a half months old. I saw all of the litter and both parents in peraon before i bought him.he comes from a good blood line no health problems. I've Brough him to get his 2nd round of vaccinations and a check up 2 weeks ago in the vets and he was a tad underweight, he just need to be wormed and the weight is coming on nicely. Before I brought him to the vets I used to give him bread and milk slightly warm with dog nuts in the or nine and then again in the evening she told me to stop this. However. Since I've stopped giving him the bread and milk his legs are starting to bow. only the Front Ones And I'm Really Really Worried And FREAKING Out Over him. I have him on full working dog nuts now 3 half cups a day. This has calcium in it and the protein content is 22% is this still to high? Should I go back to giving him the bread and milk? Please help. Absolutely freaking it.
    • By maxwell
      CAN ANYONE RECCOMEND A GOOD MINCER FOR CHICKEN AND RABBIT CARCASSES. I KNOW HOBART DO THE JOB BUT WHAT ELSE IS OUT THERE