V.A.R. A help or a hindrance?

Quite a few teams and managers are far from happy with VAR this weekend.

Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham, Everton, and others,  all complaining about VAR decisions have lead th EPL to ask the Refs governing body to look into VAR decisions that simply don't stand up to scrutiny.

I thought VAR was to give definitive decisions on things like offside and If a ball had fully crossed a goal line, but it appears it's now being used to decide on fouls , etc , and the VAR ref over ruling The on field ref.

Using one mans judgment to overule another mans judgement wasn't, in my mind, what VAR was supposed to do.

Cheers.

In a word, it’s shit !

It has reduced the game to mm and fingertips off side decisions and we have seen some truly great goals ruled out over a f***ing elbow ! 

Leave the emotion and human element and the talking points in and f**k VAR off.

Goal line tech, that’s all that needed and nothing more.

• Like 7
14 minutes ago, WILF said:

In a word, it’s shit !

It has reduced the game to mm and fingertips off side decisions and we have seen some truly great goals ruled out over a f***ing elbow ! 

Leave the emotion and human element and the talking points in and f**k VAR off.

Goal line tech, that’s all that needed and nothing more.

My own feeling is we don't need Video Assistant REFEREES !

The on field ref has his two linesmen, sorry, "assistant referees", and the "fourth official"

If the on field ref isn't sure, or thinks he's made a mistake or any of his three assistants have queried his decision, then he can look at video replays and make his decision.

I think the on field ref should have the absolute final say, not having to be over ruled by an off field ref.

Yes, VAR should only be for offside and goal line decisions.

Just my own opinion of course, others opinions may differ ! ??

Cheers.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its absolutely destroying the game.....listen to fans around the country,most would prefer an honest mistake to this nonsense......its bordering on corruption in my opinion.

That West Ham decision has to be the worst decision I have ever seen and with the benefit of VAR you can only assume the Ref is copping a drink off some c**t……if that is a foul and we are loosing an important point because of it he should have kicked Mendys teeth out and put him out the game.

That has to be investigated and reversed surely ? 

11 hours ago, WILF said:

That West Ham decision has to be the worst decision I have ever seen and with the benefit of VAR you can only assume the Ref is copping a drink off some c**t……if that is a foul and we are loosing an important point because of it he should have kicked Mendys teeth out and put him out the game.

That has to be investigated and reversed surely ? 

I doubt anything will get reversed but i see this morning they now have this PGMOL on the case.....yeah i had to Google them as well ?.....just like in the ol bill really, the investigators who investigate the investigators,you couldnt make it up !.... just scrap it.....we tried it ,it didnt work.....move on.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, big sid said:

its not the var its the corrupt c**ts running it, that was criminal (west ham game)

It does make you wonder whether they are protecting the top 6 clubs with some possible European super league type thing in years ahead......i dont think they've dropped that idea its probably still on the shelf for later.......but do they want your little West Ham's and Newcastle's etc jumping in on that....im not so sure they do.

Its the only reason i can think.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

It's also to do with worldwide tv distribution rights.

They know they will get the bigger audiences, more merchandising and more advertising money if it's Chelsea, Liverpoool and the two Manchester teams playing in the European games that if it were West Ham, Everton, Newcastle and Leeds.

Its allways to do with the money.

Cheers.

• Like 1