Rip Florence

2 hours ago, Guss33 said:

Sorry for your loss they are not jut a animal but they do become part of your life. 

Thanks bud, She had a good life worked every season up to last year and your right we feed and handle them every day ,she was my last Jill, I'm down to two hobs that are out of her and both good workers and once they gone I not get anymore but until then I’ll give them best I can .

• Like 1
4 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Good age is that matey, proves its been looked after properly, nice clean cage to , shame when they go, i still miss my two

I took her vets 18 months ago and vet thought she was a young ferret qnd when I told her how old she was she was shocked as she in good nick for old ferret ,she'll be missed but I still have 2 hobs out of her but they be the last pugs I keep ,clean cage ,good feed ,bedding and plenty handling makes a happy pug .

Moocher you obviously looked after her good thats an amazing age for a ferret I've only had them to ten year old. It's a credit to you and the care you gave her sad she is gone but she had a good life.

Lost two of my old ones end of the season in the spring one just dropped dead as I was feeding her the other faded away just got thinner and was gone no where as old as yours at eight both sisters.

Got two kits to replace them both sisters again I nearly always buy two sisters.

Atb.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
On 06/09/2022 at 11:56, terryd said:

Some age that I think the best I have done is 8 or 9. Out of interest how did you bring her out of season each year jab or hob or did you not ?

I can't answer for moocher but the last Jill I had that got to 9 I think didn't come in season in her last summer...

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

I can't answer for moocher but the last Jill I had that got to 9 I think didn't come in season in her last summer...

Prior to that Tomo how did you handle her seasons ? Only reason I ask if my oldest jill was spayed. 

17 minutes ago, terryd said:

Prior to that Tomo how did you handle her seasons ? Only reason I ask if my oldest jill was spayed. 

the previous 2 seasons my hobs who she lived with mated her...but I think because she had only just started in season she didn't produce any litters...not very scientific ..I confess the first time this happened it was an accident as I didn't separate her in time....the following year I thought I might just get away with it again...so it was done on purpose..maybe more luck than judgement...

where ever possible get a vasectomy hob to cover them

• Like 2
13 hours ago, TOMO said:

the previous 2 seasons my hobs who she lived with mated her...but I think because she had only just started in season she didn't produce any litters...not very scientific ..I confess the first time this happened it was an accident as I didn't separate her in time....the following year I thought I might just get away with it again...so it was done on purpose..maybe more luck than judgement...

where ever possible get a vasectomy hob to cover them

Yes I have a vacced Hob must be worth a fortune lol. Cost me about 70 quid 5 years ago. I dread to think how much now a days 

Edited by terryd
On 08/09/2022 at 18:26, TOMO said:

She was the same tomo ,she didn't come into season last year but year before she had Jill jab .