34 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

So how do you know woman sheeps don’t like looks an are only looking for a big tadger? ?

I'm not arsed what woman sheep's are interested in, we need fertility.

When I first met my ex mrs she was tossing off sheep. They stick an electric probe up their bums....called an auto ejeculator....this gives em a shock , they then jizz into a cup which is tested for fertility. As it turns out she was an expert at collecting from the local farmers as well. Pm me for the tramps number 

• Haha 6

Never Mind The Bollocks ...... 

Look for sturdy legs too 

Rams can get heavy,   and  bendy limbs  and wonky feet can limit the atheletic abilities required for mating. 

I guess you are renting the ram rather than buying. So its not such a long term investment though.

?

12 hours ago, comanche said:

Never Mind The Bollocks ...... 

Look for sturdy legs too 

Rams can get heavy,   and  bendy limbs  and wonky feet can limit the atheletic abilities required for mating. 

I guess you are renting the ram rather than buying. So its not such a long term investment though.

?

No am buying him 

8 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

No am buying him 

I'm absolutely no expert- just an amateur sheep-keeper so hopefully a proper expert will chip in.

I was sold , very cheaply, half a dozen young rams after a local farmer had selected the best for breeding.

I only kept them for meat . One had a  rather nasty temperament so he went first. The others were good natured so grew-on as hoggets. 

When it was a few years old the farmer then kindly gave me the ram he'd originally kept back . 

20210710_195817.jpg.b861cb18df719f1b94822ed4442e3eb3.jpg

Elderly or not the chap served my few  ewes admirably and was a lovely character but was getting heavy on his legs . This and the fact that he obviously had to be kept away from his daughters meant he wasn't  a long term prospect. 

His replacement was a little Shetland ,ideal for the maiden ewes, though he had the old girls as well . Lovely little ram but again, moved on for practical reasons .

As l say ,l'm no expert but if the condition is good ,  "undercarriage" seems to pass muster and the legs and feet look sound  l'd go  for the one with the friendliest nature. Especially if its a long term prospect. 

Just figure out how to prevent incestuous relationships as your flock grows ?

• Thanks 1
Just now, Bangersanmash said:

These are the naughty c**ts that love to run at you specially for the Jacobs.  Heads like f***ing bell metal. A once got hit on side of my leg when not watching out for them in my pals field. Leg was black an blue 

Bloke I bought him off said never turn your back on them never  let them get more than  an arms length away from you and never let it think he's the boss 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Bloke I bought him off said never turn your back on them never  let them get more than  an arms length away from you and never let it think he's the boss 

No don't I made the mistake by being too comfortable round it. Chuffing hurt too dropped me to floor proper dead leg lol