Anyone know who shot the pigeons?

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Unnecessary is the key word , all shooting involves death and everyone strives to make clean kills but birds do get wounded therefore it's up to the individual to  dispatch any wounded birds asap as is reasonably practicable.  

Obviously some birds fly on and it is not reasonably practicable to dispatch these so wouldn't be guilty of an offence. 

Reasonably practicable is the key phrase.

Noone has ever been convicted of shooting  pigeons that I know of as is necessary for crop protection so just carry on.

Unnecessary and reasonable are the type of words that gets lawyers debating for days. If something like this went to High Court my money would be that pigeons could only be shot to protect growing crops. And I could imagine some bewigged barrister asking the defendant why the birds aren't allowed to land where they could be more cleanly dispatched. It is a minefield.

I hope it never gets that far.

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

177 or 22 mate ?

Hunt report

I crouched in the twilight of the abandoned mill, the liquid flith seeping through my real tree underpants. As I looked into the gloom I lowered the un illuminated reticule of the cheap scope on my selected prey. Unable to ever work out 'hold over' or 'hold under' I simply aimed for the middle of the pigeon shaped blob. Just then I realised my selected prey was facing away from me, unable to be arsed waiting for it to present a better target I simply aimed for its arsehole, knowing the power of my rusty .22 hw95 would smash its way through my preys body and still take it out. Just then a shiver ran up my spine as I thought of the insurance implications of having lads working in such a dangerous environment 'good job I have my camouflage army gloves I bought at the fishing comp auction' I thought. Excitement rippled through me as I squeezed off the shot. Thwack went the eley wasp as it did it's deadly work, smashing through the pigeons shitter. Splosh went the dead pigeon as it landed in the liquid filth next to me. 'oh well just a thousand to go I thought'.

Should I contribute to the air rifle forums?

PXL_20220903_102740177.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Haha 6
21 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Hunt report

I crouched in the twilight of the abandoned mill, the liquid flith seeping through my real tree underpants. As I looked into the gloom I lowered the un illuminated reticule of the cheap scope on my selected prey. Unable to ever work out 'hold over' or 'hold under' I simply aimed for the middle of the pigeon shaped blob. Just then I realised my selected prey was facing away from me, unable to be arsed waiting for it to present a better target I simply aimed for its arsehole, knowing the power of my rusty .22 hw95 would smash its way through my preys body and still take it out. Just then a shiver ran up my spine as I thought of the insurance implications of having lads working in such a dangerous environment 'good job I have my camouflage army gloves I bought at the fishing comp auction' I thought. Excitement rippled through me as I squeezed off the shot. Thwack went the eley wasp as it did it's deadly work, smashing through the pigeons shitter. Splosh went the dead pigeon as it landed in the liquid filth next to me. 'oh well just a thousand to go I thought'.

pidgin pie tonight?

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Hunt report

I crouched in the twilight of the abandoned mill, ………..

It could tip you over the edge mate …better to be looking into the air rifle section than be in looking out ..??

• Haha 1